Secret Santa 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What worked and what didn't :-)

Since it's the last week in December perhaps it's time to mention what we thought would work for 2020 and what you think should be changed.

Granted not everything can be changed (or not) but we do try to mull things over. Please remember that you will be having a different Moderator for 2020. Many things do depend on the time the Moderator has, one moderator may feel certain things are easier to do. The one thing we do want to do is be kind to our moderators :-). (Particularly their first year, we don't want to scare them!)

It looks like we have a new Moderator. We're going over a few things and I'm sure you're going to love her. As soon as we go over a few things I'll announce her and you can shower her with love :-)
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

I had a great time doing this-it was my first time doing the exchange. The only thing I would do differently is have everyone post their questionnaire answers into the discussion (even if it’s a cut & paste from user notes) instead of saying “see user notes”. The reason I say this is because when you go to someone’s page (or your page) to read their note you can see who has visited your page and then maybe you’ll be able to guess who your secret Santa is. I was reluctant to go more than once for fear of being found out.

Comment

Funny Deb! I never check to see who's checked my page!
      I do understand that point though.

I did like being able to have a couple of alternative themes if I couldn't come up with a viable idea, or perhaps it's something the recipient doesn't like (color/style/etc.)

Great job everyone!
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Deb, part of the questionaire is your personal information- real name, phone, address, etc. I'm not comfortable putting that much information out there for everyone to see.

I think the best thing might be to forward the information sheet to the 'Santa'. Once we have our group set.
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I didn’t mean the questionnaire that has our personal information but the discussions that ask about likes/dislikes, favorite colors, hobbies etc. so we can make the gifts more personal for the person we’re making our gifts for.

Comment

Deb, you're right, that document was in a different email.
            Katrina
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I have participated for several years. One of the things that I really like is receiving all of the themes in February (we do get January in January). It gives time to think over what a person wants to make or you might find something cute along the way that fits a theme in one of the later months. Plus having the three alternative themes helps greatly. This year it worked great to be able to have them so soon as once June hit, my schedule became very busy. Also getting our person in June gives us a chance to customize or pick up an item to fit that person. I do appreciate this rule of "You may choose any two themes during the year to switch out for your own chosen theme. You may also purchase, instead of hand make, any three projects during the year. A purchased gift must have a dollar value of at least $8"

I think the timing of everything from joining, progress reports and mailing are great. The other thing that I appreciate is the time that was taken so that those who deal with smoke and pet allergies are taken care of.

A couple of other things that I have noticed along the way is the great help other members are to help when someone is stuck trying to figure out something for the theme, checking up on how each other is doing, encouragement for the newbies, asking preferences as a way to try to get to know others especially when you are trying to find out more information on your Secret Santa. That people are quick to post that they received their gifts, on-line and written thank yous, and posting of pictures especially since it is such a busy season for everyone.

I am thankful for the reminder posts of deadlines and all of the other jobs that the moderator has and she did so well helping to keep us informed and on track.

I am excited and looking forward to the 2020 Secret Santa.

Comment

Secret Santa 2019

About this Group

Membership is now closed for 2019.

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2018 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the mod
              Type: Public
              Topics: 129
              Comments: 885

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• KPH
                My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                by KPH
                Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
              • KPH
                Secret Santa Arrivals
                by KPH
                Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
              • Monique
                It has arrived
                by Monique
                My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
              • KPH
                New Leader needed for 2021
                by KPH
                We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
              • KPH
                November and December's Themes
                by KPH
                Just in case you didn't remember....

November- Santa Claus Or Christmas Trees by Ginny B

December- Flying Geese Or Scrappy,...
                October 31, 2020, 08:54 AM
              Working...
              X