Secret Santa 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Deb (DZDucks)!

I almost dug into the boxes last night, but restrained myself.

We spend most of the day at my parents place. When we return home we take advantage of the last of the daylight to get evening chores done around the farm. We just finished opening packages here. I am so impressed with your gifts! They are all beautifully constructed! I'm not sure which is my favorite.
    The St. Patrick's mug rug and Valentine bookmark are adorable.

I'm going to add my magnetic Hangman game to the Tic-Tac-Toe game bag you made with the buttons. The kids at school will have a blast with that when we need a "Brain Break".

I'm not exactly sure what the zippered clear-fronted pouches were intended for, but I have a couple of small hand-sewing projects that will fit nicely in there.

Ice Cream!!! The card wallet made with the different ice cream treats fabric is too cute. The DQ gift card was a lovely touch!

The round table topper fits perfectly on the end table by the sofa. I'm not sure I trust my husband to not spill something on it though. Your placement of all of those wedges is impressive! They all look so even!

I'm thinking the composition notebook cover may be the gift that sees the most miles. The gardening print is so appropriate for our summer activities. A. It would probably be a great idea if I wrote down what grew and what didn't, and B. plan out what we want to do for the next year. I am going to have to find out where you found the pattern, as my co-workers may need some of these next year!

I believe that your July project may be in the lead for my favorite. I love the four seasons you represented with the paper pieced panels on the pillow. Once the tree is recycled, that will go on the chair that lives in that space 11 months per year.

The red and yellow apron in the 30's fabric was a hit with my husband. He likes vintage things from that period. He said it reminded him of his grandmother. I'd say you hit the mark then!

The fall coaster/hot pads are sumptuous! The rich colors, combined with the swirled block pattern, are absolutely making me think of falling leaves.

The embroidered skirt that you turned into a bag is ingenious! The card holder and tissue packet are also much appreciated! I wish I had thought of this when Em was little. She had some super cute denim skirts that would have made perfect bags.

I'm not sure where you found the gem printed material for the pillow case cuffs, but it is absolutely perfect for the theme! Eric tried to lay claim on the blue/teal one, but I'm not having any of that!

The Snowman door hanger is sweet! We may have to hold off on hanging it up this year. Finn is still a kitten, although a big one, and anything that dangles is fair game. I would be unhappy, to say the least, if he decided to undo some of your handy work with his claws.

Again, thank you so much for the time and effort you put into these gifts! They are greatly appreciated and will be put to good use!
    I will take photos in the morning when I have better light.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

I’m so glad you liked everything, being a beginner & new to this group was worried about disappointing. The zipper bags are just for whatever you want, projects etc. Sewing in zippers is not my strong suit so the zipper theme had me worried when I saw it. When I made the pillow I didn’t think about the logistics of mailing it. Fortunately my husband is into rocketry so he let me have one of his boxes but I had to cut it down, you would have really been scratching your head if I had sent a 5’ box. I’ll have to look when I get home to see if I can find the book cover pattern, I’ve made a bunch so I don’t refer to it anymore. I used an MSQ pattern from one of the Block magazines, I think I got lucky (my first Dresden type project) when all the edges fit perfectly and no adjusting was necessary. Have fun planning your garden & Merry Christmas!

Comment

I finally had some good light to get the photos with! They are wonderful!
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Secret Santa 2019

About this Group

Membership is now closed for 2019.

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2018 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the mod
      Type: Public
      Topics: 129
      Comments: 885

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
        Willcox and Gibbs
        by chelea
        Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
        November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
      • KPH
        My Secret Santa box has arrived.
        by KPH
        Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
        November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
      • KPH
        Secret Santa Arrivals
        by KPH
        Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
        November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
      • Monique
        It has arrived
        by Monique
        My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
        November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
      • KPH
        New Leader needed for 2021
        by KPH
        We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
        November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
      Working...
      X