Secret Santa 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok you guys........

How many of you, as a kid, at least one year....

found your gifts and peeked before Christmas or opened and rewrapped some of you gifts?????

My sister and I found them one year and peeked. We never did it again because it SO spoiled Christmas Day when we already knew everything and had to act surprised. Our parents never found out.
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

I never did, but my Mom didn't like wrapping presents but I did. So I would wrap all the gifts for her except mine. I found after I started helping her unwrapping wasn't near as fun because I already knew what everyone had received.

Comment

Not me, nope! Don't most kids at least once?
      sigpic

Comment

I totally peeked. I remember one year I kept trying to see inside the edge of the paper into a shirt box. I finally got a good peek inside and it was one of those “I’m the big sister” t shirts. It was from an aunt and uncle I think. My mom always did a great job hiding all the gifts from Santa so I was never able to really spoil my Christmas.
        Pam

Comment

My mother didn't do a good job of hiding them, she kept them in a suitcase under her bed. I don't know if she ever knew that I 'peeked' or not.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I also was a ninja at figuring out what things were by a quick shake or squeeze. My poor Mother. For gifts that were under the tree and therefor subject to my inspection, she would include rocks, or wrap several layers of boxes, or other creative things to throw me off.
            Pam

Comment

One of the funnier holiday stories in our house was the year that our parents boxed up the Easter candy really well so no critters could get in and hide it in the eaves of the garage. Easter eve they went out and got the candy to do up the baskets after we went to bed.

Horror of horrors it had gotten unseasonably warm that day and the chocolate candies all melted. We had saggy , goulish looking Easter bunnies and chocolate eggs that year. Our parents said it would still taste the same but you know...it didn't.
              https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
              Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

My favorite childhood Christmas story wasn't about peeking, but was about believing and Love.

I was pretty young, young enough to still believe in Santa, but old enough to want a "big girl" bike (with training wheels of course) for Christmas. Well that year my three older siblings also all wanted new bikes, and when I suggested asking Santa, they informed me there was no such thing, and that Santa was really Mom and Dad, and that they saw Dad putting my bicycle together. I was devastated and ran to Mom crying because Santa wasn't real. She assured me that as long as I loved and believed in Santa, he would not stop loving and believing in me.

So Christmas morning us kids awake and rush out to the living room, where next to the tree we see ONE glorious blue bicycle with training wheels from Santa. Oh were they so disappointed, and even though they received lots of presents from Mom and Dad, siblings, aunts and uncles, not one present under the tree for them from Santa.

After we got thru unwrapping all the presents, Dad told my older brother Jamie to take my bicycle outside and help me ride around the driveway. When Jamie opened the front door, he saw a envelope on a ribbon hanging from the roof of the house. The envelope was addressed to him and my two sisters (Joan & Julie) from Santa.

The note read something like.... "Although you no longer believe in me, I haven't stopped believing in you. And because I still believe in you and love you, I still brought you a present. But you must follow the clues in order to find them." Then Santa left a clue, which led my siblings (with me in tow) to a neighbor's house. The neighbor's in turn handed them another envelope from Santa with yet another clue to another neighbor's house. I think we ended up going to about 5 or 6 houses before the last clue sent them back home.

As they were walking up the driveway, that was when they saw on the roof of our house the three bicycles that Santa left for them.

That was the year that we all learned that as long as you believe in love and family, anything is possible (even Santa)!

Comment

I didn't peek. Mom and Dad kept presents at a neighbors house. Once wrapped packages went under the tree, nobody messed with them.
                  Katrina
                  “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

That's a lovely story Caroline.
                    Yup, I peeked one year and immediately felt very let down because I realized (too late) that I had nothing to look forward to. Never did that again.
                    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Secret Santa 2019

About this Group

Membership is now closed for 2019.

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2018 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the mod
                    Type: Public
                    Topics: 129
                    Comments: 885

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                      Willcox and Gibbs
                      by chelea
                      Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                      Yesterday, 03:30 PM
                    • KPH
                      My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                      by KPH
                      Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                      November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                    • KPH
                      Secret Santa Arrivals
                      by KPH
                      Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                      November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                    • Monique
                      It has arrived
                      by Monique
                      My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                      November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                    • KPH
                      New Leader needed for 2021
                      by KPH
                      We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                      November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                    Working...
                    X