Secret Santa 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jewelry

Are you a costume jewelry kinda gal? Do you have pierced ears? (I do).
    I must confess, I do like to wear a little bling once in a while. I noticed that my LQS has some cute pieces.
    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

I do occasionally although I rarely use jewelry (or makeup) anymore. I use to love rings, always did, but now I rarely go places and they interfer with my sewing :-).

Some of the embroidery design outlets have some cute embroidery earrings and pendants though. I've made a few of those.
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I have pierced ears and usually wear earrings to work. Since I work at JoAnns, sewing themed jewelry is fun to wear.

Comment

I don't wear a lot of jewelry. I do wear pins on my jackets. No pierced ears here, I tried and one ear just wouldn't heal up. Someone said I was allergic to nickel. Who knows!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Absolutely NO jewelry for me. Not even a wedding ring. My body just will not allow it. Tried pierced ears twice, stayed infected both times, rings and bracelets break me out in huge welts. I can wear a necklace long enough to go to a wedding or funeral as long as I use lots of clear calamine both before and after.
          sigpic

Comment

No pierced ears here, had them pierced years ago and often think about re-doing it since I have many ear rings I would like to wear. I do like to wear a pendant-sometimes a bit of a unique one will find it's way around my neck.
            One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

Other than my wedding band and anniversary ring, I don't regularly wear jewelry. About the only time I wear more than my rings, is to a wedding or a funeral. Just not a fan I guess.

Comment

Wow! Glad I asked the question. I feel naked without my earrings, even when I'm just hanging out at home and gardening. Something about that little hole looks unfinished to me. One time I was on my way to work and realized I forgot my earrings. Had to detour to a Walmart and from that point on I always kept a cheapo pair in my desk drawer, just in case. Now you'll all think I'm a nut job, lol.
                Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Chelea, nope I don't think that you are nut job. I know people who always wear their jewelry. My grandma never took off her wedding band. I know of ladies who no matter what including illness always have their make-up on. We have an elderly lady in town who you will always see completely perfectly put together - nails, hair, heels, make-up, jewelry, either a dress or a dress suit even just to go to the grocery store.

Generally if I am out, I have on my wedding ring, watch, a special necklace, and earrings (I do have pierced ears). If I am at home, I usually never have on any jewelry. I think that comes from years ago, I would come home from school/work and remove all my jewelry so it would not get damaged on the farm. Plus, it was too dangerous to wear jewelry on the farm - chance of loosing a finger or getting a necklace caught and being choked to death.

Comment

I sometimes wear (and make) necklaces or bracelets, but never got my ears pierced so don’t wear earrings.
                    sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

I have pierced ears. I usually wear small earrings, like the posts they originally put in. I have a simple wedding band with no stones. I have a bangle bracelet or two I sometimes wear.
                      Jewelry in the barn is messy, and depending on the kids I'm assigned, it can be dangerous.
                      I don't wear makeup either.
                      Be who you are and say what you feel
                      because those who mind don't matter,
                      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I have pierced ears and received a beautiful delicate pair of embroidered dragonfly earnings from my SS, Carlie. I love them. I also like bracelets.

Comment

I have pierced ears, usually wear smaller earrings. I wear my favorite necklace, wedding ring & one other ring all the time.

Comment

I wear my wedding and anniversary rings and that's about it. I do have pierced ears so I try to remember to wear earrings but that usually only happens on Sunday, when I also put on makeup. I'm pretty simple!
                            Robin
                            My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

I have pierced ears and wear simple earrings most days even if I'm just going to be at home. Since I retired, I don't wear much of any other jewelry except for my wedding band and birthstone ring unless we are going out.
                              Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Secret Santa 2019

About this Group

Membership is now closed for 2019.

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2018 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the mod
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 129
                              Comments: 885

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                                Willcox and Gibbs
                                by chelea
                                Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                                November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
                              • KPH
                                My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                                by KPH
                                Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                                November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                              • KPH
                                Secret Santa Arrivals
                                by KPH
                                Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                                November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                              • Monique
                                It has arrived
                                by Monique
                                My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                                November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                              • KPH
                                New Leader needed for 2021
                                by KPH
                                We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                                November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                              Working...
                              X