Secret Santa 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a new moderator for next year

I've had a bit of a stressful year this year (nothing to do with running Secret Santa). And I also have some minor surgeries coming up possibly into the beginnings of next year.

I've really enjoyed doing this. But I'd like to take a year off at least.

Anyone like to be Secret Santa Moderator 2020? I'd really appreciate it and I certainly would be available to you if you needed help, advice or just someone to talk to about the things that come up.

https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

I made the decision a couple of months ago to not participate in the swap next year. Thank you for all you do for the group, I'm sure it is much work.
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

I'm happy to help out next year, but I'm not sure I'm up to taking on the whole job. If someone want to co-lead, I'm happy to help coordinate.

Comment

Unless you'd like to make some changes pretty much everything is typed up except probably to change the years. Also you get FREE OF CHARGE, a sample database and how to match up names with Secret Santas!!! I could even make up a calandar for you listing target dates I used to get it all done. I could do it in such a way that under each date is the sample of what was mailed out to the members. Easy Peasy!

I'd be happy to act as a sounding board, advisor whenever needed. I'm still planning on being a member of the group. I just need a little bit of a break
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I totally get that you need a break! You've worked really hard on this for several years - and you've done a great job!

My worry about taking it all on is that I'll be traveling to India & the Philippines for work next year - which is exciting & scary, lol - and I'll be gone for anywhere from 2-6 weeks, maybe all at once, may be split up. I won't know till later this year when I'll be going. I'm concerned I woiildnt be able to be as active or available as I should be in the early months.

Comment

I'll have to admit the earlier months I think are the busiest (Jan-mid Mar). Then the last month and half. Other then that it's occasionally checking in with people and that can be done anytime at the moderators convenience. I'd like to lie but it's the truth :-/ When these things come up, none of them have taken me more than an hour or two to complete. Sometimes I'll keep them updated as they come in, other time I'll but them aside and do them all together at the cut off date. Whatever is easiest for me at the time.

Comment

Carlie. Send me more details on what it entails

Comment

Will do that today Qwiltergirl :-) Thank you.

Comment

Secret Santa 2019

About this Group

Membership is now closed for 2019.

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2018 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the mod
                Type: Public
                Topics: 129
                Comments: 885

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X