Secret Santa 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How ya all doing?

I have been so busy trying to finish all my MIL's quilts that secret santa was set aside for awhile. Went back to it yesterday and nothing seems to be working out. Working on the Nov. project and all was finally looking good then I noticed that the frixion marker I used left white lines on a very noticeable part. More un-sewing for this chick today!
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

On Trudy, how frustrating. I am moving along with the SS gifts. Came up with an idea for one the other day. Now let's hope it can translate from my idea to an actual finished project.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I put the last check mark on my board. I have a couple of little things to pick up to go with things. I hope to get a shopping trip to St. Augustine before I finish up.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I'm doing horrible this year. At this point I only have 5 complete projects. Now that school is back in session I will have more free time to work on projects.
        Robin
        My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

I am keeping up but having trouble thinking of projects. Just not in the quilting mood so I'm hoping sewn and/or embroidered gifts are okay.
          sigpic

Comment

I have 4 done, and 3 semi finished.

Comment

I have 6 completed, 2 in progress. I have plans for all the others except the recycle/repurpose project. I'd better put on my thinking cap.
              Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I have been on a roll this week, getting er done!!

Down to 3 left.....
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Stalled for a little while by unexpected circumstances. Still only have 6 done, but plans and materials for most of the others. However won't be able to dive back into the projects until October. I anticipate October and November being a busy "sewing" bee! LOL

Comment

Finished number 8 this week, the last of the ones I had planned out what to make. Now I have to dig in and figure out the last 4.
                    sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

Fabric arrived for a few. I have made decent progress the last few days. I'm using the sewing room to alleviate work stress right now. We are having a big shake up in our building. Pretty much if there is one place you don't like to work, or people you don't work well with, that is where they have placed you this year. I'm not sure how they expect that to go well, but I'm not the boss, so I either keep my job, or find a new one.
                      So, to the sewing room where I have control over the projects and the results!
                      Be who you are and say what you feel
                      because those who mind don't matter,
                      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I finally have my sewing machine back from the doctor (repairman). It’s been hard being without it for 3 months. Now it’s full steam ahead, sew sew sew. Luckily I’ve had plenty of time to think so have the remaining 6 projects all planned out & supplies gathered.

Comment

My sewing room doubles as a spare bedroom and my son has been visiting so no sewing for me the last few weeks. He Left yesterday so I’m ready to dig in and make some progress! Just need to put my sewing room back together now.
                          Pam

Comment

I've got 6 done, and just this morning found a great project for the next one. I'll be away from home for a bit taking the the kiddo to college (!!!!!!!!) So I'll be empty-nesting & distracting myself by hunkering down in the sewing room for the next few months.

Comment

I have the projects done. I am glad that I do as it has been crazy for almost two months. At the first of July, we were busy working on getting the children's quilts done for them to show with 4-H and the fair - I was able to sneak in two simple baby quilts during that time as the quilts were just putting charm packs together. The children's had to take over my machine for quilting their quilts. Since then, I have not had a chance to get back to the sewing room which I have a couple of quilt projects that I do need to get done.

Comment

Secret Santa 2019

About this Group

Membership is now closed for 2019.

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2018 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the mod
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 129
                              Comments: 885

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X