Secret Santa 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The good and the bad news about the heat

Ok...the bad news IS the heat and how awful it's been. The good news is that's it's effected me so poorly that I've had literally zero energy and have mostly felt miserable hence I have not done anything with the data base of the project pics everyone has sent me. So although I have lots of pics I have no idea if some people didn't turn some in by the deadline :-)

So heads up, Monday starts a cooling trend and I'll be catching up next week so if you haven't sent me your pictures please do so!
    Remember email them to [email protected] and put your forum name in the subject line.
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Sorry to hear you've been "under the weather" so to speak. Hopefully the cooler temps will perk you up.

Comment

It's been a miserable summer, that's for sure! I hope you're feeling better this week. I missed this post last week.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Nope I HAVE NOT sent you any pics yet.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Oh, I feel ya!

What's crazy is we had a weirdly "cool" July here in Dallas. We normally break 100F well before August but I think it was just a few days ago that we finally got to 100. WHICH I PERFECTLY FINE WITH ME

Comment

I'm not sure if it's the heat or not but I'm in some sort of a (not) sewing funk over the past couple of weeks. I hope I snap out of it soon as I'm falling behind on my SS goals. I do have 6 projects completed but wish I was further along. Maybe this year I'll be taking advantage of 3 purchased gifts vs handmade by me.
            Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Looks like everyone is good to go with their projects. So that's real nice for mid year!

Chelea, I'm in the same boat as you. Zero sewing energy but it's been going on for about two months now. Egad! I'm not sure if it's due to all the heat we've had, all the work that was being done pre and during the house painting or just that I haven't adjusted to having my bedroom downstairs now and with the new stove doing a lot more cooking projects. I don't like it though i.e. I want my mo jo back. Fortunately I only have two projects to finish off for my SS person but by now I'm usually psyched at getting more things done for the Craft Fair mid Oct which isn't the case this year :-(
              https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
              Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

We've been having a pretty mild summer here in the Great Pacific Northwest, I actually had to put a sweater on yesterday morning.

Making progress on my list - jumping around the list as ideas and inspiration come to me, but have 6 done so far, which has made me realize I'm not as far along as I should probably be, but I promise I'll get there!

Comment

Secret Santa 2019

About this Group

Membership is now closed for 2019.

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2018 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the mod
                Type: Public
                Topics: 129
                Comments: 885

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X