Secret Santa 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking up on Newbies!!

Sooooo, I was thinking yesterday......how are you "New To Secret Santa" people doing??

Is it all starting to make sense to you?? Any questions now that we're midway through the year? What do you like or dislike so far? Is there anything you are finding easy or difficult? Yes Oldbies can answer this too if you'd like :-)
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

I'm so thankful I started early, with three months hiatus from my machines. I'm glad to be back! Thinking about something for the paper piecing now.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I’m having fun with this. It’s challenging to come up with something to match the theme & hopefully make something my secret Santa will like. Think I should have made more while it was cold, summer seems to be getting in the way of my one a month plan.

Comment

I’m still worried about the types of projects to make. I’ve gotten my quota for June finished, but now to finish out the year. Soooo if I get a gift with the month “title”, but didn’t make it myself, is that still “legal”.???? If I include a stitched by me gift WITH the bought gift is that legal???? Or is everything to be made with the monthly theme?? I know I can use the alternate ideas, and can purchase 2 or 3 things.. I’m just having trouble with some of the themes and getting ideas for those. Oh the challenges life give us!!! But I will keep stitching!!!

Comment

Yes you can also purchase a gift that falls within the perimeters of a monthly theme. I believe purchased gifts can't exceed three. You can also gift something that was not homemade by you but someone else, as long as it's home made. It's nice if you can mention who actually "made" it. And yes you can include a bought gift along with a stitched by me gift, you've still fulfilled a homemade gift for that month.

Deeceer, which month themes to you need some ideas for? We can add some more ideas for you here.
          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
          Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I am a newbie and I am enjoying making the gifts. I have bought 2 of the months gifts as I didn't know what to do for that particular theme. I think I struggled with wondering what to make and will the person receiving the gift actually like and want to use what I make.

Comment

Stitchedinlove, Last year was my first year. I had the same worries. Everyone has been so gracious. We all know the time and effort involved and appreciate our special surprises and the one that gives them as well.
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Secret Santa 2019

About this Group

Membership is now closed for 2019.

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2018 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the mod
              Type: Public
              Topics: 129
              Comments: 885

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                Willcox and Gibbs
                by chelea
                Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                Today, 03:30 PM
              • KPH
                My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                by KPH
                Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
              • KPH
                Secret Santa Arrivals
                by KPH
                Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
              • Monique
                It has arrived
                by Monique
                My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
              • KPH
                New Leader needed for 2021
                by KPH
                We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
              Working...
              X