Secret Santa 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you like to read?

Many of us list that one of the other things we like to do is read. It would be good to know some specifics just in case our secret Santa would like to go in that direction.

What types of books do you like/don't like to read? (mysteries, biographies, historical fiction, etc.). I like books that are about quilts/quilters. Historical fiction i.e. the WWII era ; mysteries but not graphic ones. books about our presidents and their families. I am not a fan of sy fy

Favorite author? Jane Austin, Elin Hildebrand, Jennifer Chiaverini, Marie Bostwick. I am open to checking out authors I haven't read before too of course.

What books do you have on your "want to read" list? ​Spencer's Mountain (the book that The Waltons was based on).

Do you like book series and if so, what books have you missed reading in that series? I do like to read series. I am waiting for the next book by Elin Hildebrand (sequel to Winter in Paradise). And I think I would like to read the Harriet Truman series

Do you like the "classics" (Price and Prejudice, Little Women, etc) and is there one you haven't read but would like to? I haven't read any Agatha Christie books. I should probably start with Murder on the Orient Express.

Do you read on a Kindle, Nook, etc?, regular books, both? Both. My Kindle is great for traveling

Inquiring minds want to know. I have entered my answers. Just copy and paste and change the answers to your own.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

What types of books do you like/don't like to read? (mysteries, biographies, historical fiction, etc.).
    I like to read mysteries, Some fiction - divergent type books, A Dogs purpose, Christian - Heaven is for Real
    Quilting books. Any kind

Favorite author?
    Dan Brown, James Patterson, Carl Hiaasen

What books do you have on your "want to read" list? ​Anything by Bonnie Hunter (quilting books) Newest books in Carl Hiaasen - Bad Monkey

Do you like book series and if so, what books have you missed reading in that series?
    I do like books in a series.

Do you like the "classics" (Price and Prejudice, Little Women, etc) and is there one you haven't read but would like to? I
    I don't think I have read any of them but would love to

Do you read on a Kindle, Nook, etc?, regular books, both?
    I typically don't read books in digital format. There is something nice about holding a book and flipping through the pages

Comment

What types of books do you like/don't like --- mystery, cozy quilt mysteries

Favorite author --- many --- David Baldacci, Nelson DeMille, Sandra Brown, Nora Roberts, Joann Fluke --- and many more

What books do you have on your "want to read" list? Nothing at this time - just whatever sparks my fance

Do you like book series ... --- I have been reading "cozy quilt mysteries" by Isabella Allen, Elizabeth Craig, Mary Marks. The problem is I have read all the books that are currently available.

Do you like classics? Not really

Do you read on Kindle, Nook, etc?, regular books? Both, but prefer to have a good book in my hands

Nancy

Comment

Sorry!!! Just don’t find the time to read any longer... When I’m relaxing, I like to crochet or knit... Once I start a book I can’t put it down and then the days are gone.... Good question however!!! Thank you for asking...

Comment

What types of books do you like/don't like to read? (mysteries, biographies, historical fiction, etc.). I enjoy non-fiction, especially historical events, though I'm currently reading Harry Potter (finally). I also like biographies, historical fiction, novels set in other countries and comedy.

Favorite author? Erik Larson, Peter Mayle. I find David Sedaris hysterical.

What books do you have on your "want to read" list? ​I really want to read Angela's Ashes.

Do you like book series and if so, what books have you missed reading in that series? I don't usually read series but once I find an author I like, I'll read everything she/he has written.

Do you like the "classics" (Price and Prejudice, Little Women, etc) and is there one you haven't read but would like to? Yes, I enjoy classics. I'd like to read the other Jane Austen novels (I've read Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibilitiy).

Do you read on a Kindle, Nook, etc?, regular books, both? It's strictly books for me.
          Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I have gotten away from reading books. But I do like quilting related books.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

What types of books do you like/don't like to read? I haven't read like I used to before Howard died. I use the Talking Book Library... they send mysteries and romances but I never know what's coming. I also love beautifully illustrated children's picture books (home schooling grandma that was an elementary teacher).
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

What types of books do you like/don't like to read? (mysteries, biographies, historical fiction, etc.). I like history, I study medieval English history most. I read classic mysteries - Christie, Allingham, Tey, etc. - and science fiction (fantasy in small doses).

Favorite author? I dont have a fave history author. Fiction Asimov, Heinlein, Pratchett, Willis, hard to pick favorites!

What books do you have on your "want to read" list? ​Oh my gosh yes, lol. Everything in the new Yale English Monarchs series, lol

Do you like book series and if so, what books have you missed reading in that series? I have read lots of series, my favorites are Terry Prachett, Connie Willis, Isaac Asimov. Right now, I can't think of any series where I've missed one (I get dedicated, lol)

Do you like the "classics" (Price and Prejudice, Little Women, etc) and is there one you haven't read but would like to? Yes, love them all! I own many of them in hardback, not sure if there are any more I'd want.

Do you read on a Kindle, Nook, etc?, regular books, both? Both. In general, I read fiction on my Kindle app and popular/academic history on paper.

Comment

What types of books do you like/don't like to read?

I enjoy Mysteries, thrillers, and adventure.

Favorite author?
                  Dean Koontz, John Grisham, Nora Roberts

What books do you have on your "want to read" list?
                  Nothing at this time.

Do you like book series and if so, what books have you missed reading in that series?
                  I don’t tend to read book series.

Do you like the "classics" (Price and Prejudice, Little Women, etc) and is there one you haven't read but would like to?

I have my favorites that I have read and reread to the point the books have fallen apart, My favorites are Little Women, Tom Sawyer, and all-time favorite “Swiss Family Robinson” ( I always wanted to live in a tree house, and ride a baby elephant )

My husband keeps trying to convince me to get a Kindle, but no thank you, there’s enough “technology” in my life and I love the feel and smell of an actual book.

Comment

What types of books do you like/don't like to read? (mysteries, biographies, historical fiction, etc.).
                    I read mysteries, some suspense, some sci-fi, some historical fiction.

Favorite author?
                    J.D. Robb/Nora Roberts, some of James Pattison, Anne McCaffery, Tad Williams, and others.
                    I am open to checking out authors I haven't read before too of course.

What books do you have on your "want to read" list? ​
                    Uhhhh. I don't really have anything on a list. Just what I find in overdrive/library that I can listen to while sewing.

I read the In Death series by JD Robb. She puts out 2 books a year. I think I have read/heard all of them so far, but I am re-reading them in order. There are several I do not have in my library. I add to the collection at library sales, etc.

Do you like the "classics" (Price and Prejudice, Little Women, etc) and is there one you haven't read but would like to?
                    I have read quite a few. Some are bigger hits than others.
                    I too loved Swiss Family Robinson! I still have my Little House and Chronicles of Narnia series.

Both. I love a real book in my hand. The kindle lets me read when I travel and don't want to wag a whole bag of books. It also lets me read in the dark without a light as the screen is backlit.
                    I also do a lot of "reading" via audiobook. I can plug that in and listen while I sew, drive, clean the barn, or just about anything elsewhere I need my hands and eyes free.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel
                    because those who mind don't matter,
                    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Secret Santa 2019

About this Group

Membership is now closed for 2019.

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2018 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the mod
                    Type: Public
                    Topics: 129
                    Comments: 885

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                      Willcox and Gibbs
                      by chelea
                      Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                      November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
                    • KPH
                      My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                      by KPH
                      Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                      November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                    • KPH
                      Secret Santa Arrivals
                      by KPH
                      Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                      November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                    • Monique
                      It has arrived
                      by Monique
                      My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                      November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                    • KPH
                      New Leader needed for 2021
                      by KPH
                      We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                      November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                    Working...
                    X