Secret Santa 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fill in the blank....

I received a surprise gift from a quilting friend, I would like it to be__________. This would be something you need or something you just cannot get enough of.

I'll go first...A table runner, I love to swap out my runners for a change.
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

I try to answer these with a first thought response. This time I came up blank, so I thought about it, and honestly, my first thought of something I can't get enough of... I know this is off the wall, but those pretzel Rolo pecan little treats my MIL makes. Lord knows I don't need them, but they sure are tasty.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

If I look at my stash, it is very clear that I cant get enough Batik fabrics in all forms. This includes all available precuts as well as yardage.
      My second favorite thing that I cant get enough of are See's Chocolate Cherries, both milk and dark.

Comment

oh my..just one LOL

1. I received a surprise gift from a quilting friend, I would like it to be a potholder. I realized mine are so yuckie and they get that way so fast. I just can't seem to keep up!

2. I received a surprise gift from a quilting friend, I would like it to be machine embroidery needles. I'm always running out no matter how many I get. Then I have to come up with a $25 order to get the better shipping rate at Amazon.

3. I received a surprise gift from a quilting friend, I would like it to be snacks. I'm always running out and now I can't just hop in the car to run out and get more :-(. Chocolate covered peanuts, chocolate covered cherries; salty things sometimes..pretzels, original freetos and sometimes cheeze its. :-) But I'll eat anything!
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I agree...just one?

1. I'd be grateful for whatever my SS gave me.

2. If my SS has an embroidery machine, anything made.

3. I love changing my table runners, table toppers, wall hangings according to the holidays and seasons. Since I live in Wisconsin I have the pleasure of all four seasons.

4. Would love to have pillow tops that can be taken off, the back envelope style, and a new one put on according to the seasons and holidays. Always wanted to make them and haven't gotten around to it, just the top no pillow.

5. Almost forgot my best wish, socks that do not pick up threads from my sewing room. Mine are awful. They are covered with threads and do not come off when washed. They just keep getting more threads on them. Oh but some do come off when I walk through my den which has a rug, go figure.

Comment

Oh I'm glad people are adding ideas. I love fun socks,too. During the winter, Esther's first thing to do is see what fun socks Grandma has on!
            Katrina
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

If I received a surprise gift from a quilting friend, I would like it to be a fun, new mug rug for my sewing room. The one I have is very old, too small and plain (I made it myself).
              Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Things made of wool. I just can’t get enough of things made of wool these days. Or alternately, pin cushions!
                Pam

Comment

A surprise gift for me (and I really thought hard about this) would be a Christmas ornament. I collect ornaments from each vacation we go on. It doesn't have to be elaborate or expensive. For example, I bought a cigar on a key chain from Cuba, a whistle on a key chain from Baltimore Orioles store, just a little reminder of where we have been or where you come from.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I had to think hard about this too. A surprise gift for me would be something that showcased the person who gave it. It wouldn't matter if it were a mug rug or a quilt (or anything in between), what would be special is that it represented something that the giver was passionate about, whether it was a favorite pet, flower, activity, or color. Gifts are always nice, but receiving a bit of who that person is, is like receiving a hug from that person.

Comment

A surprise gift for me would be a table topper, or table runner, or placemats, or potholders, or a wall hanging, or a thread catcher, pin cushion, cotton thread. Actually, anything that was given as a “surprise” would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks for asking!!!

Comment

I would really like one of those remote control pouches for over the arm of the chocolate brown chair that is in the room with the sailing ship pictures. Is that enough clues? I would also like some placemat/napkin sets in bright or flowery material.
                        sigpic

Comment

LauraP, I love your idea of a remote control pouch....no color preferences though.

Comment

If I receive a surprise gift, I'd love it to be an Xmas ornament. After splitting with my spouse (amicably, thankfully) I kinda want to leave the "special" ones we selected each year as a family just stored away till the kiddo is settled somewhere.

Comment

I had to think long and hard about this question. Anything I receive would be wonderful and much appreciated.

If I received a surprise gift from a quilting friend, I would like it to be a brightly colored sewing machine mat. Not sure if that is the correct term but what I’m talking about is one of those mats that go under your sewing machine with a side that hangs off the edge of the table. The side that hangs off usually has pockets and a tread catcher. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Secret Santa 2019

About this Group

Membership is now closed for 2019.

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2018 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the mod
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 129
                              Comments: 885

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X