Secret Santa 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking in - how is every one doing?

I'm on hiatus for a bit because my off8ce/sewing room is full of my living room! I'm finally getting to finish some renovations but it it means I can't sew!!! Or do anything really, because there's nowhere to sit, LOL

I've got 3 projects done and a bag from Michaels with a few things I needed to finish a 4th, but I can't get to it! So I'm just dreaming via Pinterest and wiping up dust, lol

I’m making slow but steady progress. I started a new project today that might go to my SS if it turns out.
    Pam

Comment

Work has kept me quite busy these past two months, so my progress isn't as good as I would like, but better than I expected. Only two more weeks of overtime @ the office, then I will have more energy for my projects (sew looking forward to it too). I do have three of the items finished, and have started a fourth. But now that we have our SS pal names, I may re-do those first three with the recipient in mind.

Comment

Sorry to say I have 1 project done and one cut out ready to sew. I'm excited to make it as it's for the circle theme. My son-in-law and DD decided to take me to Florida to recoup myself as I'm having a hard time getting into a different routine and I just got home. I think it helped as I feel a bit liking doing things other then sitting watching TV which is weird as I never really watched TV before. So I'm getting back in the grove and start working on my projects.

Comment

I have one project complete, the second one is started and almost ready for quilting and two or three more I have the fabric for. I was lucky a few days ago, I found some bright Zipper fabric. I also have several Button fabrics waiting to be used.
          It has been pretty interesting working on projects along with schoolwork and preparing to move this summer. And then there has been the weather to cope with. I woke up to several inches of snow on the ground this morning. While it looks lovely, I am a bit tired of snow this year.

Comment

Slow going this year. I do have 2 completed but wish I was a little further ahead.
            Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

January is done, unless I change my mind. December is mostly done, just the quilting left. We are struggling through some tough middle school classes, which equal long nights of homework at the dining table. Hopefully, we are facing just one more set of hurdles before state testing and the down hill slide into summer.
              I have plans for most of the other months, so I can do what I can until my time frees up.
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Checking in to say I do have a couple things just about finished. Sure hope they are ok!! Also I’m starting a sewing class next week, and I hope I learn somethings to help with this swap!!!! It’s a 7 week course, once a week for 3hours. I do hope I learn something useful!!!!! . One of my problems is trying to decide WHAT to make!!! Will it be worthy for a gift?? Will it look good enough? Will my secret elf like what I send? Too many questions. Better get back to work and make something!!!!

Comment

Dee, whatever you make will be fabulous! Some of my favorite gifts have been things that just make me smile; silly tape measures, a good book, my lovely bumblebee zipper case. All different skill levels are welcome to play!

Have fun with your sewing class!
                  Be who you are and say what you feel
                  because those who mind don't matter,
                  and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Thank you for the vote of confidence!!! I’m not quitting now!!.

Comment

Good thing I'm ahead with my projects, since my whoops off the step stool.
                      Katrina
                      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Not as far along as I'd like to be but making progress. I am aiming to have 4-5 completed before heading to California in May for a couple weeks. I have been getting inspired with ideas the last week or so though so maybe I can even have one or two more done by then. We'll see.

Dee, don't stress yourself. I am sure whatever you decide on making will be wonderful and well-appreciated by your SS.
                        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I have three complete and two in the process of completion. I don't want to stress about getting things done this summer so I'm trying to get as much as possible before the end of April.
                          Robin
                          My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

I have 6 done and working on the seventh one. However, I am currently getting ready for a busy month so not sure when I will get back to the sewing machine.

Comment

Boy, I am really working slow this time. Hoping that things will pick up here really soon. I have ideas for several themes, just need to figure out the rest. Plus, my machines need their yearly spa appointment. I need to make sure one is out and back before I take the other one in.

Nancy

Comment

Secret Santa 2019

About this Group

Membership is now closed for 2019.

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2018 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the mod
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 129
                              Comments: 885

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X