No announcement yet.

Secret Santa 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe how much I'm getting done.

I don't think I've ever gotten so much done so early. At first I thought I'd have problems finding projects for the various themes. Now I can't stop finding projects that I want to do. I'm so excited I can't stop! Granted I've always been more productive from Jan through March but never like this. I actually have 5 projects done and also three in various stages. Today I finished picking out all 12 potential projects I'd like to do. One I'm so-so about but I would guess I'll find some to replace it later. I'm thinking I might have a hard time with the Zippers theme, not that I'm wanting for projects but three projects have zippers but all are being used for other themes :-)

Hows everyone else doing finding themes they are excited about?
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

I'm going at a leisurely pace. January's project is finished, just needs a binding and February's is almost all cut out. I do have a plan for almost all of the projects.
    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I've really been knocking them out, too. As something pops into mind, I go ahead, shop my stash and get busy. I really didn't have any big quilt projects going until I got the OK for Nana's and Nandy's quilt, so I've been making use of that time. I've really enjoyed having small projects that I can finish and move on. There are still little things I'd like to add to a few, but Topaz has me stumped right now. I'll keep thinking on it.. I've got plenty of time.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Doing ok. I know I don’t have to but I’d like to incorporate info about my Santee into most of my projects so I’ve got all but “the big one” on the back burner. I already have two smaller ones potentially done so I’m feeling pretty good about my pace.
        Pam

Comment

Since I am a get it done girl and if left up to me, I would have the entire year done by this time, my DH hands me one theme each month, looking forward to the 1st so I can begin the next gift. So far I did Jan. theme and the March theme. I wonder which one I will get to work on next.

Beth
          Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

I have January & February finished. Maybe the zipper one, kind of holding off on that one to see if I come up with something else once I know who my “person” will be. Having fun with this.

Comment

Well the good news is you all only have to wait another 16 or 17 days to get your Secret Santa pal. I'll try to get them all paired up just before the 15 of March so I can send them to you on the 16th, but it certainly won't me much after that.
              Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I have all of the projects picked for the theme except for the zipper theme. I have a couple of ideas but not sure which one that I want to do yet. Two months are completely done, one month that I just need to put the binding on and I have three that I am waiting on supplies to be able to get started on them. I would like to have as many of them done soon because once summer hits, things seem to become busier around here especially with children going so many different directions for activities this year.

Comment

I've finished two and am midway on a few others. I've been having fun, even though I haven't had as much sewing time as I'd like lately.

Comment

I'm pretty new to making anything other than quilts, so even though i've made three projects so far (several times each), i'm still not quite satisfied with them, so will most likely redo and keep the first attempts for myself.
                    This adventure has been quite challenging for me, but I do love a challenge.

Comment

Caroline I think we all worried the first year that our things were not quite good enough. The second year we are more relaxed because we find out they were all just fine :-) What was that old Saturday Night Live skit with the guy doing affirmations standing before the mirror... " I'm good enough, I'm smart enough......" ? Don't fret, relaxxxxxxxx, I've seen some of your things in your albums....you are a creative diva!

Comment

Finished my Jan one (it's double duty) - waiting on fabric for Feb, and have some option for March to decide - but coming OK... decisions, decisions - Would love to tailor my gifts to recipient.... sigh!

Comment

Secret Santa 2019

About this Group

Membership is now closed for 2019.

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2018 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the mod
                        Type: Public
                        Topics: 129
                        Comments: 885

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X