Secret Santa 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pot holders and mug rugs

These are wonderful smaller items to make. Do you have a preferred size or shape that works well for you?

My mom prefers pot holders that are about 6 inches by 8 inches. Myself, I like them in any shape or size, as long as they hold my pots and protect my table or other surface. This also goes for mug rugs.

I'd guess you could go as large as a 9x13 to set a casserole dish on. Smaller than 4" square wouldn't really be practical to set anything on.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Any size is fine with me.
      Wendy
      http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

I'm clueless about sizes for these sorts of things, having made just one mug rug in my entire life. I did some research, found out there's no standard size really and sort of winged from there (made it big enough for a cup and a cookie). For me, any size would be useful. I have always loved getting kitchen textiles as a gift.
        Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

A couple years ago, my Secret Santa made me a potholder that I have found really useful for taking out 9x13 pans and my oval dishes. It is one piece that has mitts on each end. It is late and I am probably not doing a good job of describing it but it has been really useful for me.

Comment

Didn't Ron do a potholder that was a circle or a semi circle just recently? They looked cute and I thought they'd be nice for particularly the smaller pots?
            https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
            Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Have to laugh and share. Yesterday, I cooked rice and pork chops. We started serving in the kitchen straight from the pots (kiddos aren't big enough to pass bowls, yet) and we just have gotten in the habit of fixing our plates and taking them to the table or TV trays in front of the TV if it isn't too messy.

Anyway, we were serving our plates yesterday and they were getting kind of hot on the bottom. Mike's bright idea, " You know, we need bowl cozies for our plates!" I went to the drawer and threw him a pot holder. You should have seen the flabbergasted look on his face.
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Secret Santa 2019

About this Group

Membership is now closed for 2019.

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2018 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the mod
              Type: Public
              Topics: 129
              Comments: 885

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X