Secret Santa 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a favorite fabric designer?

Or style, or do you love it all? Just curious. I think I love it all except for novelty prints, which I could still work into a string quilt.
    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

I like Kate Spain, Bonnie and Camilla - only fabric I am not crazy about is civil war prints.
    Wendy
    http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

I love batiks in bright rainbow colors, not too fond of the batiks in browns for some reason.

I've grown to love prints.. floral prints, thirty's prints are among my favorites, too.

I'm fascinated by the new digital prints... but not fascinated by their price tag!
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I don't know that I have a favorite Designer, but I do know that I absolutely love batiks in all flavors and colors. From light to dark and all the shades of the rainbow. I have had a few patterns, even in the batiks, that I did not like. I also love bright marble patterns and almost anything with animal on it.
        Except for very small projects (ie, to small for baby blankets) I don't like fabrics with metallic and glitter embellishments.
        I also adore most holiday fabrics. Looking at my stash, I would have to say especially Halloween and winter.

Comment

I love fig tree, Lori Holt, Tula Pink, 3 sisters, Edyta Sitair. I’m finding lines by them that I love anyway. I like polka dots and stripes and florals.
          Pam

Comment

I tend to like the Northcott lines and I like Edyta Sitair also.

Have to admit though Pamela, polka dots are my least favorite thing. I'm thinking my mother use to dress me in polka dots a lot and I wanted to be a cowboy LOL
            https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
            Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I just bought some Edyta Sitar fabric for the first time. I'm impressed with the quality - it has a nice hand. I'm also impressed with the variety of patterns and balance of lights/darks in the precut. I see more of her fabric in my future.
              Michele

Comment

I'm a fan of Bonnie & Camille, Lori Holt, and Darlene Zimmerman. I do need to step out of my box and try something new but haven't taken that step yet.
                Robin
                My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

This is a hard one, my taste is sort of all over the place. I guess if I had to pick one designer it would have to be Lynne Hagmeier/Kansas Troubles.

Beth
                  Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

I like 30's repro and what looks kind of like 50's fabric. Actually, anything that I find that sparks my fancy and/or I think would work well in a project I am working on or have in mind for the future. The only fabric I am not a fan of is something that is so faded looking that it looks old and used or something that is really outrageous looking.

Astatoo - Lynne Hagmeier from Kansas Troubles is coming to The Old Country Store in July. She is doing a class (table runner) and a trunk show on Friday and a class all day on Saturday. The only problem is I really like the table runner but it is from 9-12 and then the trunk show isn't until 7 p.m. That is a long time to sit around and wait. The Old Country Store is over an hour away from me so I can't go home and return a couple of hours later. I also can't keep the dog at home by himself all day like that either. I will have to decide what to do.

Nancy

Comment

Nancy, I saw that on the Old Country web site, I would love to go but it is a bit far away for me, about a 14 hr drive!

Beth
                      Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

I don't think I have a favorite designer but I know I'm not big into floral prints.

Comment

I like Lynne Hagmeier and I really like the Northcott fabrics. I don't care for batiks or Tula Pink and Kaffee Fassett. I love a lot of the batik fabric look but it's a tactile thing with me. I don't like the feel of it.
                          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I am seem to be very eclectic in the fabrics that I pick up. Of course, when I am sewing/quilting I have a wide range of people that I have sewn for. I guess some of my favorite designers are Me & My Sister and I like the vintage fabrics of the 1930s and 1940s. The only fabric that I am not real fond of is the civil war prints.

Comment

Oops! I may have opened a can of worms, unintentionally. When I asked the original question about favorite fabric designers I was thinking along the lines of what a person might like if I tucked in a charm pack, mini charm or FQ. I didn't mean to suggest limiting the fabrics we choose for our projects to just the ones our SS prefers. We'd drive ourselves nuts doing that! I'm going out on a limb here, but I'll bet each and every one of us is so appreciative of every gift, no matter the fabric. I sew what I like, what brings me joy and that goes into every stitch. I can only hope my SS likes it too
                              Michele

Comment

Secret Santa 2019

About this Group

Membership is now closed for 2019.

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2018 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the mod
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 129
                              Comments: 885

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                                Willcox and Gibbs
                                by chelea
                                Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                                November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
                              • KPH
                                My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                                by KPH
                                Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                                November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                              • KPH
                                Secret Santa Arrivals
                                by KPH
                                Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                                November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                              • Monique
                                It has arrived
                                by Monique
                                My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                                November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                              • KPH
                                New Leader needed for 2021
                                by KPH
                                We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                                November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                              Working...
                              X