11. My sewing machines:

12. I collect:

13. My favorite music:

14. Quilting/sewing project I wanted to do for myself but haven't yet:

15. My favorite nature thing:

16. I am allergic to:

17. Something I could always use in my (name room): Item
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Things you might want to know about me:

1. My favorite color: Blue, but the accent color throughout my house is red.

2. My least favorite color: green

3. My favorite winter activity: Is staying warm an activity? I love making soups in the winter. Since I don't drive anymore, I don't get out a lot to do 'activities'. I do love going to St. Augustine to the shops and sights around there.

4. My favorite summer activity: Staying cool! I love going to the beach in the mornings, but I live with a night owl, by the time he gets up it's sunburn warning time.

5. I have a pet and it is: No pets, yet. Maybe a service dog at some point.

6. My favorite wild life: The birds at my bird feeder/ or the grandkids under foot.

7. My favorite holiday: Christmas

8. My hobbies other than quilting: I doubt that it's considered a hobby, but finding and teaching my grands new crafts.

9. My favorite snack: Cookies! Not that I need them, but I usually mix up a couple of batches of dough and use an ice cream scoop to dole out 'just enough' for a few cookies on to plastic wrap and put them in the freezer in a zip lock bag with the baking directions on it. I have NO self control, and while we were in NC. Howard and I would eat the whole batch. Now, I just get a roll out for Monday night dinners.

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: rotary blades are the first thing that comes to mind, sewing machine needles, prewound bobbins Style L white, 50 wt.

11. My sewing machines: Husky= Husquvarna Sapphire 935, Brother Project Runway, Husquvarna Serger

12. I collect: From the looks of my sewing room, Fabric!

13. My favorite music: classical- from my classroom days, musicals- from the good ole movies, country, and the religious that my son listens to is rubbing off on me.

15. My favorite nature thing: One thing that I can't really enjoy anymore, the night skies. I miss seeing the stars. I love walking on the beach.

16. I am allergic to: cheese/ dairy, according to my allergist anything with a particularly small particulate (a fancy way to say dust, pollen and dander)

17. Something I could always use in my (name room): Item Okay, this one is kind of left field, but it just popped into my head so it must mean something. I like pretty hand towels to use in the bathrooms when guests come.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

1. My favorite color: The rainbow or most greens
      2. My least favorite color: blacks and browns
      3. My favorite winter activity: I like keeping warm, and I like snowshoeing
      4. My favorite summer activity: Triking with my dogs. We ride the trails near where we live.
      5. I have a pet and it is: Tibetan Spaniel and Saint Bernard
      6. My favorite wild life: Deer and birds of all shapes and sizes
      7. My favorite holiday: One that I can spend with family
      8. My hobbies other than quilting: Reading, training dogs, crocheting
      9. My favorite snack: Chocolate
      10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: Rulers and space
      11. My sewing machines: Bernina 770qe and 475, My family also has a Janome machine
      12. I collect: Books and fabric (Especially Batiks)
      13. My favorite music: Some Country and music by The Choir at Temple Square
      14. Quilting/sewing project I wanted to do for myself but haven't yet: A cuddle up quilt
      15. My favorite nature thing: Hiking and riding trikes with the dogs
      16. I am allergic to: This allergy takes the form of migraines. All perfumes and colognes and anything in the cleaning isles at the stores. I have a user note about this listed.
      17. Something I could always use in my (Kitchen or dining room): Hot pads and placemats

Extras..I don't really like bags, because I cant figure out what to use them for.
      I also love cats and most other animals, so using them in projects is great.
      Batiks are one of my favorite fabrics.

Comment

1. My favorite color: Blue / Earth Tones

2. My least favorite color: Pink

3. My favorite winter activity: It's always warm in Florida (for the most part) So my favorite thing to do in the winter would be, Outdoor Activities such as Hiking, Fishing, Geocaching. Indoor Activities, Sewing, quilting, Cricut Crafts, Cooking, Baking

4. My favorite summer activity: Kayaking, Fishing, Swimming, Antiquing, Cooking, Baking, Sewing Quilting, Arts & Crafts

5. I have a pet and it is: None

6. My favorite wild life: My favorites are Birds & Honeybees

7. My favorite holiday: Christmas

8. My hobbies other than quilting: Cricut, Sewing, Crochet

9. My favorite snack: Chips (Sour Cream and Cheddar)

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: I love notions or tools so I can never get enough of those, and Storage / organization items.

11. My sewing machines: Singer Featherweight(s), Singer 301A, Brother Sewing Machine, Brother Embroidery, (2) Janome's, HandyQuilter, Antique Treadle and a collection of antique toy machines

12. I collect: Primitive Antiques, Antique Toy Sewing Machines, Antique Spools & Shuttles, Antique Irons, Antiques in general

13. My favorite music: Country and Christian

14. Quilting/sewing project I wanted to do for myself but haven't yet: A travel Bag or Basket for Retreats to put my sewing stuff in.

15. My favorite nature thing: Everything. I love being outside. Love the woods most of all

16. I am allergic to: Mangos

17. Something I could always use in my Kitchn: Item Hot Pads

Comment

1. My favorite color: Soft Pastels (any color or combination)

2. My least favorite color: Orange

3. My favorite winter activity: Reading while snuggled under a warm lap quilt

4. My favorite summer activity: camping

5. I have a pet and it is: Currently no pets

6. My favorite wild life: squirrels and chipmunks

7. My favorite holiday: Probably Labor Day, as that is the weekend we always go camping with a large group of friends, and it is completely stress free.

8. My hobbies other than quilting: treasure hunting (a.k.a. metal detecting)

9. My favorite snack: chocolate anything

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: small scissors, long straight pins, small/compact retractable tape measure

11. My sewing machines: Singer 201, and Singer Featherweight, and a cheap Singer from Walmart

12. I collect: Elephants

13. My favorite music: eclectic: Country, Pop Rock, Contemporary Christian, Classical

14. Quilting/sewing project I wanted to do for myself but haven't yet: Quilted Shawl (or something similar to keep my shoulders warm)

15. My favorite nature thing: Sunrises

16. I am allergic to: bee stings and penicillin

17. Something I could always use in my (Kitchen): Item Pot Holders/hot pads

0 Thanks

Comment

1. My favorite color: jewel tones but especially green and yellow

2. My least favorite color: Beige, so of course the whole RV is beige and browns

3. My favorite winter activity: walking

4. My favorite summer activity: walking and playing in water when I can find it

5. I have a pet and it is: a rescue dog named Napoleon Boney-parts

6. My favorite wild life: squirrels and skitter lizards

7. My favorite holiday: any one I don't have to do a lot for so probably St Patrick's Day

8. My hobbies other than quilting: reading, cooking

9. My favorite snack: dark chocolate

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: all those things I can never find like marking pencils and seam rippers

11. My sewing machines: Husky Topaz 50 that I love

12. I collect: dust or moss from not moving a lot. I live in a RV so can't really collect things

13. My favorite music: 50's & 60's, country, Christian

15. My favorite nature thing:flowers as long as they are outside

16. I am allergic to: scents like zenetac is. flowers, nuts, more drugs than we have room to list

17. Something I could always use in my (name room): Item whole house is storage. like wall pockets and bed pockets but to go on the back of the couch
            sigpic

Comment

1. My favorite color: any shade of aqua

2. My least favorite color: I really don't have one

3. My favorite winter activity: cooking and baking, which I don't do much of in summer

4. My favorite summer activity: floating in my pool and gardening (the flower kind)

5. I have a pet and it is: an 18 year old fluffy white cat. I also have a new grand-puppy.

6. My favorite wild life: bunnies and swans

7. My favorite holiday: 4th of July

8. My hobbies other than quilting: gardening, cooking, reading, traveling, cross-stitch and knitting (though I'm not good at it)

9. My favorite snack: milk chocolate

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: neutral thread, either cotton or poly

11. My sewing machines: Janome 8900QCP. I also have a Kenmore 1303 from the 60's, a Brother Pacesetter and a Featherweight

12. I collect: bunnies and snowmen

13. My favorite music: I like the crooners. My favorite is Tony Bennett but they're all good...from the Rat Pack to Michael Buble.

14. Quilting/sewing project I wanted to do for myself but haven't yet: English Paper Piecing

15. My favorite nature thing: I love the beach, any beach.

16. I am allergic to: nothing

17. Something I could always use in my Kitchen: pot holders
              Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

1. My favorite color: wedgewood blues

2. My least favorite color:browns/oranges

3. My favorite winter activity:use to be walking in the winter woods with my dogs

4. My favorite summer activity: gardening, sitting on the porch at night looking at the stars.

5. I have a pet and it is: german shepherd/wolf - Miss Carlie

6. My favorite wild life:I love ALL wildlife

7. My favorite holiday: St Patricks Day

8. My hobbies other than quilting: handspinning/weaving, reading

9. My favorite snack: Chocolate but I also like salty things

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room:long pins, 100% cotton batting (microwavable), insul-brite(I think it's called), 14" zippers

11. My sewing machines: Brother SE400 embroidery machine, Brother CS6000i, Block Rockit Mid Arm

12. I collect: white lace ornaments for my xmas tree

13. My favorite music:celtic music, also violin with David Garrett

14. Quilting/sewing project I wanted to do for myself but haven't yet: sewing machine cover

15. My favorite nature thing: OMG all of it, wildlife, fur trees blowing in the snow, nighttime stars, a quiet spot on a hill overlooking a valley

16. I am allergic to: Nothing

17. Something I could always use in my sewing room: sewing machine mat.
                https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

1. My favorite color: all colors, especially rainbow colors against a black background.

2. My least favorite color: there are no bad colors although my least favorite is mustard yellow.

3. My favorite winter activity: quilting and making small projects, going for walks in the wooded areas nearby

4. My favorite summer activity: quilting and making small projects, walking in wooded areas.

5. I have a pet and it is: bichon frise dog.

6. My favorite wild life: birds of all kinds, especially magpies as we share a common interest in shines things.

7. My favorite holiday: Christmas then Halloween

8. My hobbies other than quilting: making bags and doing other small projects, especially ith projects with my embroidery machine.

9. My favorite snack: White chocolate, but no nuts.

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: aurifil thread, microtex needles, starch. I go through a lot of starch and starch alternatives. I like the fruity fragrances.

11. My sewing machines: brother dream machine and juki tl-18

12. I collect: matryoshkas, pin cushions and decorative pins, polymer clay buttons and just another button company buttons.

13. My favorite music: eagles and the like

14. Quilting/sewing project I wanted to do for myself but haven't yet: bed quilt for my king size bed, wool pin cushion.

15. My favorite nature thing: birds and small wildlife

16. I am allergic to: nuts and seeds, too many foods to list, cats.

17. Something I could always use in my (name room): Item dining room, table runner, sewing room, pin cushions, tote bags.

Extras: I love Lori holt fabrics, laundry basket quilts fabrics, fig tree fabrics, batiks. I’ve been having fun exploring vintage fabrics and reproductions. Cutting can be painful for me so I have an accuquilt go big and use a lot of precuts. My favorite MSQC tutorial is totally tulips which I plan to make this year.
                  Pam

Comment

1. My favorite color: Blue mostly

2. My least favorite color: I really don't have one.

3. My favorite winter activity: I like to watch the birds at the feeder as I have it in my window for the winter. I do most of my hand quilting in the winter.

4. My favorite summer activity: I love to be outdoors when the bugs aren't too bad, going for walks and just having the windows open and the fresh air coming in. Camping is also a favorite thing.

5. I don't have a pet but I guess you could call my hubby my pet, LOL!!

6. My favorite wild life: Cardinals

7. My favorite holiday: I like them all.

8. My hobbies other than quilting: You mean there is something else besides quilting? Les and I love to go to auction sales.

9. My favorite snack: Chips. On a cold day it is a cup of tea to warm me up.

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: fabric

11. My sewing machines: Most of them are older than me. I don't own any fancy shmancy machines.

12. I collect: I love to collect Christmas ornaments from all the different places I have visited or from other countries as well.

13. My favorite music: 60's mostly, Elvis, Beatles, that kind of stuff, although favorite artist is Phil Collins.

14. Quilting/sewing project I wanted to do for myself but haven't yet: A quilt

15. My favorite nature thing: Walking on a sandy beach when I can. I love sunrises, a full moon, listening to the occasional howling of wolves in the distance.

16. I am allergic to: cats, dogs and dust.

17. Something I could always use in my (name room): Kitchen: oven mitts, hot pads, soup bowl cozies. In my sewing room, a sewing machine mat.

I am not a hard person to please. Anything YOU make, I will LOVE. I also have another list very similar to this in my user notes that may include other details.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

1. My favorite color: blue, but my house is pine and earth tones, with bright accents, very country/western style

2. My least favorite color: I have used every color there is, although orange, yellow, and pink are accent colors in my world

3. My favorite winter activity: Reading on my kindle, quilting, or other hand work by a warm wood stove

4. My favorite summer activity: My summers are all about cowboys and horses, my husband, children and grandchildren are all team ropers. It's just a spectator sport for me these days, although I do enjoy a quiet ride in the mountains when I can get DH to agree to one

5. I have a pet and it is: Mia the Schipperke and Ruby the Red Merle Australian Shepherd are my constant companions. I also have several cats, mostly outside except for one senior citizen that rules the household. Also a barn full of horses, goats, calves.

6. My favorite wild life: I enjoy all wildlife, and we have lots of it around here. Guess my favorites are the elk that we watch on the hill behind the house in summer

7. My favorite holiday: Christmas, and just for the record, we do NOT do Halloween, although I love Fall

8. My hobbies other than quilting: Repairing and sewing on vintage sewing machines, Peyote beadwork, embroidery, crafts, and I sing and play the guitar (not brilliantly)

9. My favorite snack: Dark chocolate and almonds

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: I use a lot of thread, and who ever has enough needles and pins.

11. My sewing machines: Janome 4120 and a Babylock Quilters choice on a Grace quilting frame, plus around 20 or so vintage machines in various state of repair - my current favorites to sew on are a Singer 201, Eldredge Two Spool in a treadle, and a Singer 99K hand crank. Teaching my DH to use the Singer 16-188 industrial he bought me

12. I collect: See previous answer! I also seem to collect quilting books, and granite ware in my kitchen

13. My favorite music: Christian, especially Country Gospel, and a cappella groups

14. Quilting/sewing project I wanted to do for myself but haven't yet: We are in the process of redecorating our bathroom, pine ceilings, upper walls painted a creamy white, lower walls pine stained redwood color. Accent colors, including a bank of cupboards, southwestern (dark red, gold, turquoise) I have a blank wall that is crying out for a southwestern wall quilt, but never seem to get around to it.

15. My favorite nature thing: Mountains and pine trees, and wild flowers, especially wild roses

17. Something I could always use in my (name room): Item I would love some new accents for my living room - throw or pillows, maybe even a throw rug. Also, if you happen to crochet, I would love some spool doilies for my vintage machines - I just never managed to learn to crochet, despite my Grandma's best efforts.

I love anything country / western, and lately have been playing with some civil war reproduction fabrics, which look great with my vintage machines.
                      sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

1. My favorite color: Blue

2. My least favorite color: pink or orange

3. My favorite winter activity: Quilting/reading. I hate winter and the c old.

4. My favorite summer activity: walking, setting in Sun reading.

5. I have a pet and it is: None

6. My favorite wild life: Deer and Moose, birds

7. My favorite holiday: christmas or Halloween

8. My hobbies other than quilting: Reading mysteries

9. My favorite snack: sea salt chocolate caramels

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: Rotary blades or sewing machine needles

11. My sewing machines: Bernina 440 QE

12. I collect: Snowmen

13. My favorite music: country

15. My favorite nature thing:

16. I am allergic to: nothing

17. Something I could always use in my (name room): Item.
                        Wendy
                        http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

1. My favorite color: Green

2. My least favorite color: Blue

3. My favorite winter activity: Snuggling up in my cozy chair, reading or knitting.

4. My favorite summer activity: Not melting, lol. It's hot here in Texas. I stay inside, sewing.

5. I have a pet and it is: Two cats, Frick & F rack. They are sweet, grumpy old ladies.

6. My favorite wild life: Birds. And giraffes.

7. My favorite holiday: New Year

8. My hobbies other than quilting: Knitting, crochet, cross stitch, gardening, home improvement

9. My favorite snack: Salty/crunchy stuff thats bad for me lol

10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: Thread snips. Scrap catcher (I'm soooooo messy!)

11. My sewing machines: Juki 2010Q, Viking Sapphire, Featherweight.

12. I collect: Fridge magnets

13. My favorite music: classic rock

14. Quilting/sewing project I wanted to do for myself but haven't yet: Mixer cover, tablet prop

15. My favorite nature thing: Spring garden, hiking in Palo Duro

17. Something I could always use in my (name room): Kitchen tea towels

Comment

1. Favorite color - green and yellow

2. Least favorite color - don't really have any

3. Favorite winter activity - staying warm, watching the snow fall from inside my house

4. Favorite summer activity - stay inside out of the sun --- too many bouts with skin cancer

5. My pet is - a 4 year old barking Shetland Sheepdog . . . . did I say barking!!!!!

6. Favorite wildlife - polar bears

7. Favorite holiday - Halloween, Easter, Christmas

8. Hobbies other than quilting - reading, loved to travel when my husband was here

9. Favorite snack - chocolate and peanut butter

10. Items I can always use in my sewing room - rotary blades

11. My sewing machines - Baby Lock Ellageo Plus (sewing/embroidery) and Baby Lock Soprano

12. I collect - I have a collection of Hummel figures that we bought when we lived in Germany 49 years ago, but I don't really collect anything now.

13. Favorite music - 50's and 60's, country

14. Quilting/sewing project I wanted to for myself but haven't yet - Laura Heine (?) collage quilt, not sure what else

15. Favorite nature thing - loved driving around with my husband looking at the beautiful country side.

16. I am allergic to - melons, not allergic to smoke but it does burn my eyes and I don't care for the odor

17. Something I could always use in my __________ - ??

Nancy

Comment

1. My favorite color: Blue or green it depends on the day
                              2. My least favorite color: Definitely purple
                              3. My favorite winter activity: making soup-I like to try new "recipes"
                              4. My favorite summer activity: camping or vegetable gardening
                              5. I have a pet and it is: I just lost my buddy Asta.
                              6. My favorite wild life: I enjoy watching the birds at my feeders
                              7. My favorite holiday: Any where family gets together Hubby says it is the annual family camp-out in Aug.
                              8. My hobbies other than quilting: reading, cooking/baking bird watching
                              9. My favorite snack: cashews or mixed nuts
                              10. Item I can always use in my sewing room: Aurifil thread in strange colors-I like to applique
                              11. My sewing machines: Baby-loc Crescendo and Crafter's Choice
                              12. I collect: Nothing well except thread and fabric
                              13. My favorite music: swing/big band also country
                              15. My favorite nature thing: bird watching
                              16. I am allergic to: horseradish
                              17. Something I could always use in my (name room): pot holders in my kitchen-I tend to give my cute ones away

On a personal note, it sure is fun getting to know all of you. Can hardly wait to get my SS name.

Beth
                              Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

Secret Santa 2019

About this Group

Membership is now closed for 2019.

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2018 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the mod
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 129
                              Comments: 885

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X