Secret Santa 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October Theme

This should be lots of fun. Our contributor is shy and didn't want her name mentioned but has named October:

Recycle/Repurpose

I'm sure we all have something that we can recycle/repurpose into something new and special. Nows the time to get that thing that has been sitting around that you just can't toss recycled and repurposed for a cute little gift for you Secret Santa friend. Think everything from using old or worn clothes to create bags, boxes, potholders or using a quilting tool for an unintended purpose like the binding tool to make a friendship braid to re-gifting something that was not quite your taste.
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Love this one too. Very clever

Comment

Alright, I know it's only January, but, I'm done with October! I've decided this year, when inspiration hits, do that month no matter when it is because my memory might not remember later.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Would recycling older fabric panels be an acceptable idea for this? I have a number of older panels that I think it was suggested be made into throw pillows or small lap blankets. i think the squares were about 14 inches in size, but would have to measure to be sure.

Comment

I can't see why not zenetac, it's still being repurposed. Not sure what others think though :-)
          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
          Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Sure, why not? How about those chicken pin cushions that Jenny made with orphan blocks, those would be recycling/repurposing too.
            Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I found a couple more ideas for this theme. Re-purpose a small fabric panel as an apron. Fill a pint or half pint canning jar with jelly roll strips and instant pretty gift. (I saw this idea in person at a local quilting class)

Comment

Secret Santa 2019

About this Group

Membership is now closed for 2019.

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2018 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the mod
              Type: Public
              Topics: 129
              Comments: 885

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X