Secret Santa 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theme Drawing

Since I'll be a bit busy over the next few days I'm sending out the drawing names for the themes today.

11 people will be naming a theme for the remaining months, Feb - Dec. 15 members of the 28 signed up for the drawing so I decided in order for all who signed up to have an opportunity to participate in theme naming, the remaining 4 will be notified to name an alternative theme. That means that there will be 4 alternative themes that you can use in place of any monthly themes if you so chose.

Once you receive your PM from me please send me your theme by next Thurs, Jan 24. That way you can get the yearly themes about a week earlier then I originally planned.

We talked about limiting the number of "techniques" themes this year. So we will limit that to only 3. If your theme choice is a technique type send it in early as possible as only the first 3 technique themes will be chosen. Any members giving technique themes after that will receive another PM from me requesting that you pick a theme other then a technique type.
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

What about bags? Any type of bag, pouch, carry all.... is that an appropriate theme or is it to general? Should a theme be something like daisies or floral instead?
    Pam

Comment

my understanding of themes is that they could be anything. Last years included an wide variety of things we could do. the years prior had other ideas. If you could think of it and define what you meant, then it was reasonable and appropriate as a theme.

Comment

I'm a little confused regarding the question. Yes if you are selected in the drawing to name a particular months theme you can pick anything you want. We will have a total of 12 themes, one for each month. So the 11 members I've already PM'd will let me know what they picked for the month I sent them.

Since there were 4 other extra members who had signed up for the drawing I named them for alternative themes. You are one of the Alternatives Zenetec. The alternative people will each offer an alternative theme so that if members are stuck on a regular monthly theme they can pick one from the alternative list (of which there will be 4).

If it's techniques you are confused about, originally themes were simple things like Orange, snowmen, owls etc. Then last year several people selected technques as their theme choices like paperpiecing etc. We are limiting the number of technique types of themes to 3 this year if they come up again.
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Pamela it can be general or specific which every you want.

Comment

When will you need the alternative themes sent to you?

Comment

Not later than 1/25 but if I get it all earlier than I'll post it all earlier :-)

Comment

Pamela, once you see the themes, let your imagination soar! I've been collecting ideas for items, but I'll have to see what the themes are and what I will need before I start anything else.

I'm excited to get started again! (I'm in need of a diversion from hexies! My Husky just looks at me with contempt when I walk in to press petals. He's so jealous!) hehehehe
                Katrina
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Secret Santa 2019

About this Group

Membership is now closed for 2019.

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2018 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the mod
                Type: Public
                Topics: 129
                Comments: 885

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X