Secret Santa 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of Ideas

I did this for 2018 and am already working on 2019. In December, I start writing down a list of things that I would like to make sometime. Then as we get the themes, I see if there is a way to use something that I have been wanting to make as one of the themes. Many times I use the Secret Santa as a chance to try something new.

Here are some ideas that I have used in the past (please feel free to chime in with ideas)

Mug Rug
    Table runner
    Placemats
    Wall Hanging
    Project Bag
    Tote
    Postcard
    Wristlet
    Basket
    Organizer
    Pin cushion
    Decorative Tea Towels
    Potholders
    Christmas Ornament
    Trivet
    Quilt
    Fat Quarter Bag
    Tool caddy
    Sewing Tote
    Scissor Holders
    Apron
    Needle Book
    Notebook Cover

Somethings that I have purchased (these usually went with some additional item or several items were added together to make a gift)
    buttons
    fat quarters
    charm packs
    yard of fabric
    tumbler
    scissors
    tape measure
    seam ripper
    pencil case
    mini sewing kit
    thread
    MSQC bag
    graph notebook
    colored pencils
    mug
    thimble
    fabric panel
    car decal
    fancy pin cushion
    pins
    Christmas Ornament
    food or drinking item (watch out for allergies)
    wonderclips

Thanks so much for this list. It's a good reference for when we get stuck.
    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

What a wonderful list. It would have been very useful to me last year.

quilting rulers of different sizes and shapes
      charm packs

I think you covered most of the ideas I would have for things to make. the above items are things to purchase.

quilts come in several sizes. For this exchange I would suggest smaller quilts.

Comment

Thank you for the list. Definitely a great idea.

I also keep a locked folder on Pinterest that I keep all my swap ideas in.

Comment

Thank you very much for the list. Sometimes that is all we need to get the ideas flowing. I am really looking forward to next years Secret Santa. I had replacement knee surgery on Dec 20th and got home on Christmas Eve. No sewing as of yet but hopefully it won't be to long. Everyone did a awesome job ob there gifts. The pictures are awesome. Great job everyone.

Comment

Bowl cozies
            Pillow cover/sham
            Hat and scarf
            Slippers
            Cat toys
            Heat pack
            Insulated lunch bag
            Stuffed animal

Some of these were gifts for important family members.

Also remember that your items can be handmade by someone else with a different skill set. Candles, baskets, weavings, yarns, etc.

Sometimes, if your Secret Santa volunteered enough information, or you are a good stalker, you can make things that support their other interests/hobbies!

I'm already hunting for fun things for 2019!
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Great ideas, thank you. Often times, my brain just isn't working right or is that left? lol
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Lots of great ideas!

If you're on Pinterest I have a board for Secret Santa ideas - I haven't made most of them but they are good inspiration for me:
                https://pin.it/riq3wrljh4nmzt

Comment

Some cute ideas there AMG. I like that small ironing board. Great use for those wooden door knobs too :-)
                  https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                  Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I was looking around for more project ideas and then remembered that one of my go-to places is Shabby Fabrics. The tutorial link is:
                    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...rics+tutorials

I've used several of her tutorial ideas in the past and I find her easy to follow.
                    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I am having so much fun exploring new ideas and trying new things. I'm a quilter that does so very little other type of crafts that this is certainly a challenge for me. Thank you for the list of ideas.

Comment

I think I forgot to mention it can be any type of craft as long as it's home made. So if a person does photography, soap making, candle making, weaving etc that is ok too. It doesn't have to be just sewing/quilting :-)

Comment

Secret Santa 2019

About this Group

Membership is now closed for 2019.

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2018 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the mod
                        Type: Public
                        Topics: 129
                        Comments: 885

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X