Secret Santa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You Carlie

I wish I could take better pictures of my gifts. The pictures just do not do them justice. Who would have thought to make dragonfly earnings? The fractured birds on the sewing machine mat is so much work. The embroidered picture is so cute for my sewing room. The creativity you posses is unbelievable. The Fairy fabric is so unique. I can see why you didn't make it into something. It's so unusual. But I think you might have a good idea making a pillow but then I might want to make a quilt with her. She is just so cool. I will have to keep my eye on the owl bag. My daughter loves owls. I can use the organizer for my quilting supplies. You quilters with all your zippers. You did a wonderful job on the paper piecing. I agree with you on the paper piecing never again. That's one project my SS did not get. (Sorry Nancy). I tried, really tried with snips of fabric everywhere. I gave up so kudos to you. I'm a bag lady. Love using them and the purple bag is perfect and I can always use a themed table runner. I'm sure I have forgotten something. The gifts were all perfect. Thank you Carlie. You put smiles on my sad face.

I'm glad you liked them Georgie Girl and that they put a smile on your face. :-)

I know what you mean about taking pictures. It happens to me a lot. Sometimes they come out, others times not. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Drop Buddy a little note. I asked her to do that bicycle design. After I purchased it I realized it was too big for my hoop and I knew she had a bigger machine. Doesn't she do amazing embroidery???

So glad you liked the gifts, I sure had fun doing them. Except the paperpiecing LOL.
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I added the picture of the fairy and unicorn fabric. She is amazing. I must say I didn't notice that it was a unicorn at first and when I'm showing my son I said oh my it's a unicorn. My daughter collected unicorns as a little girl, well she still does. She just bought a water bottle with unicorns on it. We agreed that I'll be making a quilt with the fabric the center point.

Comment

I just fell in love with that fabric. The emotion coming from the fairy hugging the unicorn just cries out. It's so mythical. I need to go and recheck the designer of it and see if she's designed other unusual fabrics. It is also very Celtic looking so I'm sure that drew me to it too because I do love Celtic :-)
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Sorry everyone. Didn't mean to add both pictures. Just wanted everyone to see the beautiful embroidery work done by Buddy for Carlie for ME. The detail is so awesome and sewing related. It's so cool how we help each other. Happy to know that it's "allowed" to have help. When I made a wall hanging for Astatoo I had my LAQ do the quilting and of course Beth asked me about the quilting and I felt so "busted" because I thought it had to be completed all by me but I wanted it to be nice. So I guess it's ok to have a a little help along the way. Thanks Buddy. Glad you had the bigger hoop to help Carlie out.

Comment

OK I'm confused as it is with the loss of Jim and now I get a message it's not Buddy but Bubby. I kind of thought it was so I checked Carlie's note with the gift and yes she typed Buddy so I guess it's Buddy. Well it makes sence, she is a good buddy. Our laugh for the day. So thank you Bubby.

Comment

That was my fault. I keep calling Bubby...Buddy. One of my favorite people when I was younger was called Buddy so I have these Senior moments :-) But Bubby is one of my favorite people too!

Comment

Secret Santa 2018

About this Group

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2017 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They are smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. You also, twice a year, get to swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather then handmake 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the moderator that helps her match you up with your Secret Santa recipient.

You have u
              Type: Public
              Topics: 79
              Comments: 494

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X