Secret Santa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You Charyti!

Since I opted to not open my Secret Santa box at Midnight, I had to wait until after the family travel portion of our day.

Thank you so much for all of the wonderfully crafted items! I'm going to have to watch a couple of them. My husband was giving them the eye! The top on his list is the scrappy mug rug as he likes the colors.

The Tinkerbelle tote is adorable! I'm going to have keep an eye on that too, as my students are going to want to borrow my supplies in there!

The buzzy bee wallet is fantastic. I love your explanation that the bees make their own music! My parents have a huge, 60 year old flowering cherry tree in their front yard. It always seems to bloom right about Easter time. It brings in bees from everywhere and the whole tree hums. The bees are too busy with the blossoms to bother with us, so we stand under it and just listen to them work. This will go just right with May!

The decal for the car is cool! I'll have to wash the car and apply the sewing machine and the goat to the window.

The Daisy Tote bag is just too much! Your layout of the colors and design are great. The black & white with the yellow daisies are so snappy. I can't wait to load that up and see what it will hold!

I like the postcard idea for the paper piecing project. I have to agree with you that the post office machines would probably chew them up. I will figure out somehow to use them. I have a couple of ideas that need to stew a bit.

The watermelon snappy pocket is cute and very summery! I'm glad you left the strap off. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm not a big fan of the strap thingies. I'm forever getting them caught on other things and then pulling the whole load out to sort.

Whoo Hoo! Table runner! You say that is your first time making the pattern. I say go you! Excellent work with the pattern and color balance!

The spring bunny panel is probably destined to become a spring quilt.

Happy Dance! Another beautiful table runner! (Seriously. I can NOT seem to make any of these for myself!) The fall colors are pretty and will go nicely with our fall tableware.

The rainbow Wonder Clips are always welcome sewing room tools. The fabric bowl to catch them in is brilliant! I have a vintage glass jar, but if I'm up sewing late, they jangle when I pour them out or return them to the jar. The fabric bowl will also make much less noise on the glass-topped dining table.

Well. You really out did yourself with December! The pineapple blocks are gorgeous! I am the proud owner of a stunning navy blue and white pineapple runner that features pretty blue jays in their centers. Your quilting in that metallic thread is truely frosting on this beautiful piece of work!

An extra thanks for the M* snowflake, #Life tea towels, and the fun sewing-shaped cookie cutters!

I was very blessed to receive your handiwork! The photos will be taken in the morning with better light to show the colors!

Thank you again! Cathy (Toggpine)
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

You are very welcome!! I had wanted to use goat wrapping paper but never found it. I had a friend who did but by that time it was too late.
    It was fun to make new things.

Comment

Secret Santa 2018

About this Group

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2017 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They are smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. You also, twice a year, get to swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather then handmake 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the moderator that helps her match you up with your Secret Santa recipient.

You have u
    Type: Public
    Topics: 79
    Comments: 494

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
      Willcox and Gibbs
      by chelea
      Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
      Today, 03:30 PM
    • KPH
      My Secret Santa box has arrived.
      by KPH
      Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
      November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
    • KPH
      Secret Santa Arrivals
      by KPH
      Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
      November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
    • Monique
      It has arrived
      by Monique
      My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
      November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
    • KPH
      New Leader needed for 2021
      by KPH
      We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
      November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
    Working...
    X