Secret Santa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Janine!

I'll come back a little later when I have time to gush about my wonderful, wonderful gifts, but I wanted to post a very quick, sincere thank you to Janine (jkoucheki). I was overwhelmed with the gifts. I opened them with my family looking on and they were just as excited as I was. Each gift was amazing and I really couldn't pick a favorite. I'll post some pics later on. Thanks again!!
    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Just posted my pics. Janine is the most talented sewist. She is the queen of zippers!! Her work is beautiful, the fabrics so yummy and lots of projects were done in my favorite aqua tones. It's clear that a lot of time, effort and patience went into each gift. Janine, I can't thank you enough!
    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

You are "sew" welcome! I have been doing a lot with zippers this year and I've started buying all of my zippers on Amazon from Zipper Stop. I buy purse or baggage style zippers and try to use them instead of the clothes zippers available everywhere. There are some patterns though that only work well with the clothes style zipper with the smaller pulls. I try to stay away from those patterns though because the bigger zippers with the bigger pulls are just so much easier to use in a finished product. Anyway - hope you liked everything! Merry Christmas! Janine
      :icon_hi:

Happy Quilting!
      Janine

Comment

Janine, have you checked Cleaners Supply for zippers?
        Pat (Bubba) turned me on to them. They carry a billion colors in many sizes, although I buy mostly the lighter weight zippers from them.
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Wawak is also a good supplier for zippers. JeanSewingMachine told me about them.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

I use Wawak too. They ship fast and I can always get the variety I want.
            https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
            Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Secret Santa 2018

About this Group

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2017 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They are smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. You also, twice a year, get to swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather then handmake 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the moderator that helps her match you up with your Secret Santa recipient.

You have u
            Type: Public
            Topics: 79
            Comments: 494

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X