Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You Cathy (toggpine)

Thank you very much.

I loved the hand made gifts and the music cd. Christmas music is one of my favorites types of music.

The bakers dozen book will be well loved and used. So will the clips

While you suggest spider webs with the one gift for October, I may do something else with it.

I did have one question. How many of the hand made gifts are washable? are some of them unable to washed and dried?

Again thank you very much for the gifts.

Merry Christmas

You are welcome!

I hope everything made it OK if you are asking about washing it!
    The pincushion could be if you empty the filling of polyfil and crushed walnut shells.
    The coasters, bowl cozies, water bottle cover (which will also hold a large SmartWater bottle), and mug rug absolutely can go in the wash. I haven't washed my own ironing caddy/pad, but it shouldn't be a problem.
    The fabric cube probably can, but might need some re-shaping afterwards.
    In theory, the Fairy bag should be washable. The metallic fabric is something new for me to work with. It has a fabric backing, so I'd say yes. The one I have here, I'd wash by hand, or on delicate and absolutely air dry. (I liked how yours turned out so much I made a second one for me!) I would guess there will be some glitter loss, but it is part of the Fairy Frost line from Micheal Miller so, it should hold up fairly well.
    Merry Christmas!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Everything made it here OK. Nothing is damaged or broken.
      I just have a severe allergy/sensitivity to the scent in one of the items for the sewing room needs gift. I need to either wash items or set them out in safe place to fully air out the scent.

Next year I will make sure that this allergy is at the top of my need to know/ favorites list. Migraines are hard to resolve and that is triggered by scent in my case.

Again thank you for the gifts and the chocolate packing material.

Comment

I'm sooo sorry! I tried to make sure everything was unscented, just for that reason. I did NOT wash the black and white paisley fabric in the fabric cube, nor the peltex inside.
        The color catchers should not have been scented.

I hope that you are not suffering a migraine, or that it passes quickly.

Comment

Accidents in this area happen. I have learned that items are not always marked as being scented and that some absorb the scents of things around them on the store isles.
          I know you tried very hard not to send something that was scented. the problem is the degree of sensitivity to scents that I have.

Again thank you very much for the gifts.

Comment

I went down the aisle with the color catchers (as that is the suspected offender). They are not too far from the dryer sheets. I'm guessing they absorbed some of the fragrances. Even though I had them here for several months, some of those perfumes are pretty powerful.
            I really do hope you didn't suffer.

Do you have reactions to the scents from the fabrics in the shops? Some of them are pretty potent. I'm guessing that is the starch/finishing agents they use in manufacturing.
            If we pre-wash the fabrics (Costco industrial powder doesn't seem to have a strong scent) and don't use fabric softener, would that be safe for you? Just asking for future swappers! None of us want to make gifts that would make you sick.

Comment

Most of the cottons I do fine with. If you use an unscented laundry soap(Costco's Kirtland brand is one), did not use fabric softener and either did not use dryer sheets or use bounce scent free in the white box, then I should be fine. Additionally, sending items that are washable, just in case, will help a lot.

For some reason, the fabric shops I use locally don't have strong scents(unless someone shows up drenched in perfume).

You have correctly identified the offender and yes they probably adsorbed the scent from the items around them. At this point I am not suffering because of them, and since I was able to id what was causing an issue I was also able to swiftly mitigate the problem before it completely incapacitated me.

Comment

Secret Santa 2018

About this Group

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2017 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They are smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. You also, twice a year, get to swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather then handmake 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the moderator that helps her match you up with your Secret Santa recipient.

You have u
              Type: Public
              Topics: 79
              Comments: 494

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• KPH
                My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                by KPH
                Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
              • KPH
                Secret Santa Arrivals
                by KPH
                Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
              • Monique
                It has arrived
                by Monique
                My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
              • KPH
                New Leader needed for 2021
                by KPH
                We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
              • KPH
                November and December's Themes
                by KPH
                Just in case you didn't remember....

November- Santa Claus Or Christmas Trees by Ginny B

December- Flying Geese Or Scrappy,...
                October 31, 2020, 08:54 AM
              Working...
              X