Secret Santa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Suspense Is Too Much!!!

With the exception of my Secret Santa Gifts I have no presents under the tree this year. That means every time I walk in and out of the living room I look at those presents. I'm worse than a kid at Christmas! Three more days.......
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

With no tree I opened and then placed my box at the back of the closet to avoid temptation.

Comment

Mine are in the back room! I only see them when I go to fetch the vacuum.
      It would be too much if I could see them everyday, and we only put up our tree yesterday.
      I will probably open the second box and take a glamour shot of them under the tree today, then hide them again!
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I have my presents under the tree. I'm good about it because I just love opening presents way too much on Christmas :-)
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

It's been hilarious around here. Everybody's Christmas presents are in my bedroom lined up against the wall. My Secret Santa presents are under the tree, with 2 presents for Mike. My grandkids always check and recheck under the tree to see if there are any presents for them under the tree. They've all been spying in my room, but never close enough to see any tags.

Christmas will be here before you know it. Then we'll start it all over again.

I really appreciate the gifts and prayers from my Secret Santa.
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Due to the rambunctious grand-puppy, I had to put all the gifts back in the box. We're all going to have lots of "help" opening gifts this year!
            Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I took mine out of the box to take a pic, and put them right back in it, and put it up. There are NO gifts under the tree...because Santa comes here twice. We have Christmas eve with the adult kids...then Christmas day with the DD and grands. After she got her dog before last Christmas...they all decided they would like to have Christmas morning at Grans house, so the dog didn't destroy everything. Santa fills their stockings at their house. They get up, open them...and then drive the 11 miles to Granny and Pa's. Helps us out tremendously....we aren't delivering it all to her house after they go to bed Christmas eve...after I have already done the entire evening with the other kids. After all of that is over, I will then get to open my SS gifts. I know it will be worth the wait...it always is.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Mine are under my little tree just waiting.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

sooo...do you all wait until Christmas morning, or open gifts one minute after midnight, which is technically Christmas morning? When I was a kid we always waited until morning. My hubs family used to wake the kids just after midnight to open gifts (I know, crazy, right?). But there were just 2 of them and in my family there were 6 kids. My parents were't fools.
                  Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Last year I had a house full of in laws and it was rough. My FIL was poking through my secret Santa gifts, to the point I moved them all the my sewing room. I do believe I opened some, if not all of them at midnight last year. Previous years, I have waited until we opened family gifts at home and, if I can resist, I will wait until Christmas morning this year too!

My guess is you can open them whenever you want! Who is going to know, unless you tattle on yourself?

We are close, so very close!
                    Be who you are and say what you feel
                    because those who mind don't matter,
                    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

When I was a kid, we opened presents Christmas Eve. Not sure when we changed over to Christmas Morning. I guess it was when we used to have a house full on Christmas Eve.

We'll be packing up everything in my bedroom to take to Jim's. We'll spend Christmas morning there. I'll let Mike choose when he wants to open our stuff that doesn't need to go over there. The rest will go to the Tuell's for Christmas Dinner. I delivered the ugly pound cake to Carl (aka Nandy) this morning at church. lol, with the cake plate and lid, he teased it was more of a 10 lb. cake. He's about right! That's a heavy cake plate and lid!
                      Katrina
                      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

My SS gifts are sitting in the box (opened, of course) they came in on a chair in the living room. No tree this year as I did not want to move the flag that was draped over my husband's casket. It sits on a table in the front window where we have always put the tree. Not much in the mood anyway. I have emptied the box several times, contemplating opening one or two (or all), but then I thought there won't be much else to open on Christmas day so I have been able to resist the temptation. Maybe tonight I will open them, although I still have a couple of gifts to wrap for the grands so that will keep me occupied for a bit.

Merry Christmas everyone and enjoy all your SS gifts!!

Nancy

Comment

Secret Santa 2018

About this Group

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2017 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They are smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. You also, twice a year, get to swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather then handmake 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the moderator that helps her match you up with your Secret Santa recipient.

You have u
                        Type: Public
                        Topics: 79
                        Comments: 494

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X