Secret Santa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yippeee!

I am finished with all of the projects for the year. I am very glad that we were able to have the complete list of themes for the year at the beginning of the year as it helped greatly with planning and picking out projects. Having the name of our person early was also nice.

How is everyone else getting along this October?

Doing great! I'm planning on digging everything out of the drawer and making sure all of my projects are ready to wrap. lol, which means I need to go to the storage building to bring some wrapping paper home!

Are there any suggestions to labeling the projects? SS newbie here and I don't want to leave out any steps.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

WTG....You rocked this one out of the park....
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

I have all mine done now. I even got them wrapped yesterday!!! Then I realized I forgot to take pictures of them :-( Granted I don't have to email myself pics of what I finished (like you guys do ) but I really DO like to keep pics of what I made :-/

Yes don't forget to take pics of what you made and email me a copy for the file. But the person who had my name doesn't have to email me pictures :-)
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I'm working on one now. It has some potentially tricky bits, but we will see how it goes. I like the look of it so far!
          Then, I too, have to pull out all of the separate pieces to see where I am exactly. I have a couple things I'm waiting on from an order I placed, but if they don't make it before I have to ship the box, I'll survive.

Congrats on being completely done!
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I still have one to go & I'm just stumped. I may just need to use this one as my "freebie" and do something outside of the theme.

Comment

AMG - which one are you stuck on? I bet we could give you some ideas. Some of these quilters have pretty fabulous imaginations and they look at things in very different ways!

I went back through and double checked to make sure I was hitting all of the targets for the themes. A couple I'm going to the edge of the box, if not a bit outside to get the ideas.

I have a couple more to finish off!
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Getting there but the thinking cap isn't working very well.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I've still got one to complete and then it's time to wrap!! Thanks for the reminder Carlie that I need to take pictures before they get all wrapped up. I would be very upset if I had to unwrap everything after I got them all ready.
                  Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Ginny, I took my pictures and emailed Carlie. I had to go to the storage building to gather wrapping supplies. It really made me miss Howard, he always wrapped and I fixed the tags.

Mike started pulling out gift bags... I had to laugh, we'd gotten everyone's bags back from last Christmas to refill for this Christmas. Now to see if what we purchased for the kiddos this year for Christmas will fit in the same bags. I foresee trips to the Dollar Store to pick up new bags.
                    Katrina
                    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Togpine - I couldn't decide on anything for the challenge yourself on, which seems silly, lol. I finally decided to use one of my theme swaps & I think it will be a nice substitution.

Comment

I'm done! Took pictures, wrapped, boxed up and labeled. I also put a reminder in my phone to ship on December 1! This is my first time in this swap so I've been a little nervous thinking "Is it good enough"? I am letting those negative thoughts go and looking at the positive. As I was making my gifts I prayed for the person I was making them for. I'm so glad we got our names early so I could pray specifically for that person. How am I going to wait now until Christmas???
                        Robin
                        My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

I'm finally done! This is my first swap too and it's been such a great experience. Now to wrap...
                          Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

AMG, I am stuck on that one also. When I first saw that one, I thought of foundation paper piecing but then noticed it was a theme for June (I think). So after thinking, and finding it impossible to come up with something, I also am going to use one of the freebie months instead. I am sure my recipient will enjoy it -- maybe even better than whatever I could have possibly come up with for that last theme.

Nancy

Comment

I finished my last project last night! ALL DONE! Now to wrap it up and box it up and have it ready to go to the post office. Very excited.
                              :icon_hi:

Happy Quilting!
                              Janine

Comment

Secret Santa 2018

About this Group

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2017 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They are smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. You also, twice a year, get to swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather then handmake 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the moderator that helps her match you up with your Secret Santa recipient.

You have u
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 79
                              Comments: 494

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X