Secret Santa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been mighty quiet

It's been mighty quiet since we've gotten our names. How's everybody doing?

We're back from IN, and I've got to get back in the swing of working on SS stuff.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Maybe we're all toiling away like elves! I have 4 projects left to do.
    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

It has been quiet in general lately. Could be summer time everyone is out and about more. My sewing time just made a huge change yesterday as the local pool had to close early this season due to mechanical issues. We had finally gotten into a routine of the older children going swimming in the afternoon while the little one slept which meant that I had a couple of uninterrupted hours to sew.

I have one project left for the Secret Santa. I think that I left the most challenging one til last as it is try something new and going to take quiet in order to make sure I get it right. I am looking forward to seeing it done as I think the colors will just pop!

Comment

I *finally* figured out my paper piecing project. Whew! So far, that's been the most challenging.

Comment

Done, now on to bonus gifts!

Comment

I wish I could say done! lol, we just made another trip to the storage shed. I can't believe how many boxes in there are Howard's NAPA collection. I guess I shouldn't be since he worked there for 34 years and bought every toy they made during his tenure there. Mike wants it all, so I guess it's staying in the shed. We brought home two boxes filled with photo albums and dropped off a whole bunch of stuff at the Salvation Army.
            Katrina

Comment

I was finding transport tricky but inspiration struck at the Festival of Quilts (NEC,UK) and I made transport yesterday!

Comment

I'm getting close to being done. I am missing something I made months ago so I need to get a search on today. How does one do that? While searching I'm going to do some serious decluttering and destashing.
                Robin
                My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

I can't say anything about losing something. I was going through the drawer and found stuff I'd forgotten that I'd made! Since I filled up my list notebook, I figured it was a good time to transfer the themes list into my new notebook.

I did manage a short trip to JoAnne's and Hobby Lobby yesterday to pick up a little of this and that for Decembers project. I may start on that one next. I'm kind of excited about it. Crossing my fingers it turns out nicely.
                  Katrina

Comment

My Fall project did not go as planned. It wasn't awful awful but I just didn't like it. I'll save it for something else, maybe fmq practice. Got another one going that I'm pretty happy with.

Comment

I found a cutie for Happy Fall Y'all. It was a learning project that's for sure! Loved it so much, I made one for me. Tomorrow, I'm hoping to finish both of them up.
                      Katrina

Comment

I got stuck and stayed there. I finally got over myself and got unstuck. Now with the start of school/work I am trying to make myself sew for at least 30 minutes everyday. Sometimes it's in the morning, others, after Em goes to bed. I count cutting as sewing time, since it goes towards completing the project.

I have to go through and figure exactly what I was going to do, what is started/finished and go from there. The last load of hay is here for the year and we are almost done with the State Fair. That should help with time too.
                        Be who you are and say what you feel
                        because those who mind don't matter,
                        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I was also a bit in that stuck zone for a while. However, this week I have gone in and taken inventory of exactly which months are completed, which need finishing and what needs to be started. Nine months were either totally completed or almost there. But there were three that I hadn't decided what I was going to do yet. I brainstormed and researched yesterday and have a direction to go in for two of the three. One more to go!
                          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I have 2 left, one I'm certain about and the other I'm still thinking about. Being a newbie to Secret Santa (plus a little OCD) I was so worried about falling behind that I made a list on my computer, kept notes and highlighted when I finished a project. A little overkill but hey, I'm excited!
                            Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Chelea, I have two raggedy paper lists, lol. One with each months theme and one with a list of all the projects I could think of and I match them up as I go.

Comment

Secret Santa 2018

About this Group

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2017 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They are smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. You also, twice a year, get to swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather then handmake 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the moderator that helps her match you up with your Secret Santa recipient.

You have u
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 79
                              Comments: 494

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X