Secret Santa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads Up

Just letting you know that I'll be asking for everyone to post their progress around mid May. I want to know how everyone is coming along with their projects before I give out the Secret Santa name :-)
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

I missed this on the first post day. Bumping it up.

I'm making good progress... I think. Gotten through May accomplished.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I am making terrible progress but will get on the ball. I haven't found my thinking cap yet!!!!!
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I've skipped around a lot. January, February, July, August, October are all done. September 1/2 done. How many do we need done by May?

Comment

I have skipped around as well on making the projects - which ever one hits my fancy seems to be the one that I work on. I have all of the projects thought out except for January which seems to be giving me the most trouble which really should be easy because of the topic but a project has not jumped out at me yet. Don't worry, it will eventually.

Comment

I'd love to see 5 done but 4 would be great :-). I realize that some people might have more spare time in the summer so if that's the case just let me know.
            Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

100% honest here.
              I'm making crappy progress on actually sewing anything.
              I do, however, have the fabric for several of them bought and cut out. A few of the filler items have also arrived since I bought them on sale!
              I am one of the ones who will have more time to craft after June 19th. (Last day of the school year for us!)
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I will be one of those with a lot more time during the summer. For me that starts about 15 May. I have fabrics and ideas for many of the themes. Some are cut and ready to be sewn. Twice a week I have time set up so I can cut things or decide what I am going to do with a particular fabric. These times are with other people in quilting and craft groups at my local VA medical Center.
                I have also been skipping around in doing the themes. Most of them seem to be real easy, but one I have never done at all. I am challenging myself just by participating in the swap. I have not done any swaps for about 15 years, and had forgotten how much work they could be. So I will have fun during my summer getting most to all of the projects for this swap completed.

Comment

We are working on "Growth Mindsets" at school. If you don't challenge yourself, you won't grow. Some things are indeed hard, mistakes and even failures are a chance to learn and improve your skills.
                  It has been an interesting journey so far. They are asking us, as instructonal staff, to work through the curriculum before we officially launch it next year. We are already applying some of the techniques in class and seeing some good results. More importantly, we are applying them to ourselves so we can show the kids that even adults can benefit from having a growth mindset instead of being fixed in the idea that it is what it is and that's the way it will be.
                  I'm glad you decided to challenge yourself and join! Have fun learning a new skill or technique! I am learning to be less afraid of installing zippers into projects. I haven't mastered it yet, but I am getting better, and a whole lot less resistant to projects with them in it. Now to figure out the "magic" folding process to get a good hem on a pair of slacks.....
                  Happy sewing!
                  Be who you are and say what you feel
                  because those who mind don't matter,
                  and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

To be honest, I have not been able to accomplish much so far this year with my husband being sick. I spent almost the whole month of March in the hospital with him before he passed away. I am gradually getting my head and mind back in the game but this has hit me much harder than I would have thought. I will be able to get started soon, but may not have the 4 - 5 projects completed by the middle of May.

Nancy

Comment

Nancy, there will be time when all you want is something else to occupy your mind and your hands that isn't paperwork. Give yourself time to heal. I know I'm still working through that!
                      Katrina
                      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Didn't see this last week. I am making progress but not as fast as I'd like to. Some months are still challenging me to finalize an idea but I'll get there.
                        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Sorry I e been a bit MIA. I'm having a complete kitchen renovation and the past 3 weeks of final planning stages and then the wok starting has me incredubky behind. I can't even SEE my sewing machine!! (And as much as I'm thrilled at being able to gut the 80 year old kitchen with small counter and no dishwasher, I'm about to lose my MIND, lol

I will try to get caught up in time, though - work is half done and as soon as the floor is down & cabinets are in I can unpack my kitchen and get back to sewing!

Comment

I am like a lot of others. Have material and plans just hasn't worked to sew on. How many do you want for the picture? I can try to complete a couple for the picture.

Comment

6, 6...that's the ticket! No, just joking :-) 4 would be nice though as a minimum. Say by June 5?

Comment

Secret Santa 2018

About this Group

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2017 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They are smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. You also, twice a year, get to swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather then handmake 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the moderator that helps her match you up with your Secret Santa recipient.

You have u
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 79
                              Comments: 494

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X