Secret Santa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you like?

You may have noticed that we only have 25 members listed.

This Group is down from the numbers signed up in previous years. The last two years we've had around 42 sign up however in those same years by the time gifts are to be mailed we were down to about 26 members. More dropped out between Jan to June then from July to December.

I'm thinking we had less sign up because in the Group description I clarified a bit more how this is a serious commitment requiring 12 gifts throughout the year. (I did this because of the large number of resignations per year) However,I suspect that those who joined on this year gave it more thought to whether they could make that long term decision. I also suspect that we will remain at or very close to 25 members by the end of the year.

With that thought in mind, would you like to get your Secret Santa name in early July? Granted one or two may require a change in their given names should we lose another one or two but then this had to occur last year too when we got several last minute people leave around Nov. It would not effect the large majority of members but it might effect one or two of you and we have no way of knowing which ones. It could happen regardless of whether we get names in Sept or July

So would you want to take that chance that your name would change at the last minute in order to get your Secret Santa names earlier,say in July?

(btw, I will still be asking that everyone send me a pic of what you did so far. I will probably want that check in for the end of June rather than in August just to see how people are doing with their schedules by mid year. I'll notify you a month before so don't worry about it at this point)
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

I would love to have my SS name early. And if by chance that person would drop out for whatever reason it wouldn't really matter to much as I already have the gifts made at that point. It's not like you have to scramble and quick make something. The themes are really pretty much universal and the gift could go to really anyone. Sure we want to make the gift special to that person's likes but a flower is a flower, fall is fall, summer is summer, etc. Not sure I explained it right. Side Note: Do we send the extra gifts according to this year themes or just a gift suitable to auntiemurm.

Comment

The extras I'm making are going to be one of the theme items. Especially if it's a new skill. I like to make a couple so i can work out construction techniques.
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I believe auntiemern said it didn't have to be theme related. Up to you. You might want to check her thread on this , I believe there is something there :-)
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Yes, I would like to know early. I think that's a good idea.

Comment

I would like to find out early. Thanks for all you do for the group.
            Robin
            My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Either way is fine with me.
              Wendy
              http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

Early if possible. It would be nice to know someone's "colors" when choosing fabrics.
                Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Either way would be fine with me but knowing someone's preferences on colors, etc. would make it easier to personalize the gifts earlier in the year.
                  Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I would like to know early also. I love getting it early to maybe personalize it a little more.

0 Thanks

Comment

I think early is a good idea. lol, that way if I've made something in a "I hate ____" I have time to fix it!
                      Katrina
                      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I would like to have my SS name early. I think it would be nice to be able to think of that person while sewing....having a face to picture.

Comment

Ok I'll shoot for early July.

Comment

Yes I would like it early but will go with majority.
                            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Yay! More time to personalize and pick appropriate colors. I figure if some of the items I made early in the year just aren't going to be suitable once I receive my name, those can be the "extras" for emergency gifts.

Comment

Secret Santa 2018

About this Group

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2017 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They are smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. You also, twice a year, get to swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather then handmake 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the moderator that helps her match you up with your Secret Santa recipient.

You have u
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 79
                              Comments: 494

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X