No announcement yet.

Secret Santa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussions for November - What's missing from your quilting supplies - Monique

It might be a good idea for us to have a separate discussion thread in August or September where we ask you to mention some supplies you wish you had at that point in time. Be mindful of cost......no, a long arm machine doesn't count! LOL

Other suggestions? Monique? Anyone?
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

In last year's exchange Monique sent me a sewing machine pad she had made, with pockets that hang down in the front. I never even knew I needed this until I actually used it. The table I sew on is a bit uneven and my sewing machine would vibrate and dance around on the table. I'd have to re-adjust her several times a day. Post-pad she stays pretty steady. It made a huge difference.

Comment

I hope we will get a little questionnaire from our Secret Santa. Then we could plan a little for some of the projects we have yet to do - color, style, wants etc.

Comment

It might be a good time for members to update their Forum User Notes to cover some of these theme ideas :-)

We can also add a "A Little Bit About Myself" discussion here in the Group to help with that.
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Seam rippers, frixon pens, small scissors, thimbles, a new pin cushion, thread catcher, sewing machine mat, sewing machine cover, needle book (Wyora made me one for the swap), quilting pins, quilting clips and the list goes on.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

If they didn't list anything they need in the supply department; try thinking of something that you have found handy and can't imagine not having when you need it.
            Sometimes these are the things we think,"Huh, that would be cool." but we talk ourselves out of buying it.
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Secret Santa 2018

About this Group

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2017 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They are smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. You also, twice a year, get to swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather then handmake 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the moderator that helps her match you up with your Secret Santa recipient.

You have u
            Type: Public
            Topics: 79
            Comments: 494

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X