Secret Santa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussions for August- How Does your Jelly Roll? - Nene

Remember you don't necessarily have to purchase a jelly roll for this. You can make your own strips from your available fabric or stash. Jelly roll strips are 2 1/2" wide and you take it from there to create your project :-)
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Oh, I have soooooo many he strips, this will be fun.

Comment

Taking a deep breath! My brain is dead on this one. lol, it will come. I hope.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Taking a deep breath! My brain is dead on this one. lol, it will come. I hope.
        Katrina

Comment

KPH, you don't have to use an actual jelly roll. You can cut your own 2 1/2" strips and then do anything you would normally do with a jelly roll. That could even be blocks with 2 1/2" squares. Sometimes I even cut my 2 1/2" jelly rolls down into 1 1/2" strips for blocks. Remember last year or the year before we had baskets listed as a theme? Some people cut them down to 1 or 1 1/2" strips and made corded baskets.
          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
          Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Well, I guess I was so busy trying to think of something to do for the theme, I forgot that I'd done it before we left for IN. Insert head slap here!
            Katrina

Comment

It could be a book on Jelly Roll patterns. There are templates that fit JR sized strips too.
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Secret Santa 2018

About this Group

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2017 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They are smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. You also, twice a year, get to swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather then handmake 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the moderator that helps her match you up with your Secret Santa recipient.

You have u
              Type: Public
              Topics: 79
              Comments: 494

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X