Secret Santa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Secret Santa Themes

In time for February, the 2018 theme drawings are done and here are your themes for this year.

If a theme has you stumped, or there is something you just HAVE to make remember that you can substitute any two themes with something of your own choosing.

Since we are doing this differently this year I'd suggest that we have a separate thread for each theme and we try to keep our individual monthly themes separate in their own category to make it easier for people to read. i.e. February-Fairies, May-Summer Flowers ,etc. I'll put up 12 separate discussion threads one for each theme in the next couple of days. Each will also list helpful hints that had been passed on to me to get discussions rolling. We can add to them as our minds soar with creative ideas.

2018 Themes:

January - Scrappy - Carlie Wolf

February - Fairys - Nashtah

March - Marching, bands, music - auntiemern

April - Transportation - AMG

May - Summer Flowers - scooter

June - foundation Paper piecing - wlrquilts

July - Summer Holiday - Sheena

August- How Does your Jelly Roll? - Nene

September - Favorite season or holiday - toggpine

October - Happy Fall Ya'll - quiltergirl

November - What's missing from your quilting supplies - Monique

December - Challenge Yourself with Something New - Wyora
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

I must say those are really different themes. Great job everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Thanks. Can't wait to get started!

Comment

Fantastic job on the themes everyone!!! These look like they are going to be so much fun. Thank you everyone. Looking forward to getting started

Comment

Thanks for all of the themes now and they look fun.

Comment

Thanks for posting. My head is buzzing with ideas!! Are Angels and Fairies considered the same thing?
            Robin
            My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

oh wow, what a variety of themes! Some are tough to think of, but I love a challenge.

Comment

Must get the thinking cap on. These are really great ideas ladies.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

Huh, now I need to rethink. My plan for December's theme is taken by June's theme. Great minds must think alike. All of the themes are written into my planner, now its time to start looking for ideas for each month.

Comment

Nice variety. Like others, the think is on.

Comment

Love all the themes. I find it interesting that several of the themes will have lots of cross overs for me. Don't worry, I will have twelve projects completed to send. Some of the themes will be much easier for than others and several will be a challenge. already working on two of the months themes.

Comment

Zenetac, remember that if a theme appears too difficult you can always make up a theme of your own. You can do that two times :-)
                        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

wow! lots of opportunities to really get creative.
                          Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Wow, where to start?.....not used to having it all at one time...
                            Quilts may come, and quilts may go, but the stitches stay the same.:icon_hi:

Comment

These all sound like so much fun. Can’t wait to brainstorm and plan. ��

Comment

Secret Santa 2018

About this Group

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2017 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They are smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. You also, twice a year, get to swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather then handmake 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the moderator that helps her match you up with your Secret Santa recipient.

You have u
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 79
                              Comments: 494

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X