Secret Santa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project ideas

I started a thread like this last year & there were some great ideas from everyone, so I thought it may be a good idea to start a new onefor 2018

I have a Secret Santa pinterest board too, if you're interested - not a whole lot of pins, but maybe a good jumping off place:

http://www.pinterest.com/amgknits/se...project-ideas/

Great idea. Pinterest is definitely our friend. I am forever looking at ideas there for just about everything.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

I think I will start by pulling scraps out of my scrap bins and see what speaks to me. I have an idea...

Comment

I have some of those triangle papers to make the periwinkle pattern from. I was thinking about making scrappy string blocks.
        There there is a thing called "ticker tape" strings. I will have to double check the tutorial link, but the main idea is that you use a roll of adding machine tape as a paper foundation to sew all of your scraps to. Then you have scrappy 2.5" wide strips to work with, just like jelly rolls, but scrappy. So many options with those!
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Ticker tape strings are a great idea. Just before Christmas I threw away some of those rolls that record things in hospital and that would have been ideal! I'm so cross with myself. It never pays to tidy up and de-stash stuff. Grrr.

Comment

Isn't that always the way Sheena?
            I can hold on to something for years, then a week after I throw it out, or donate it somewhere, i or someone I know needs it! I imagine that you could even use strips of newspaper or telephone book pages cut into 2.5" wide strips and then add them to each other until they are as long as you want.
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Hi y'all. Looking forward to this swap and exchanging ideas and making new friends.

Comment

January's project is nearly finished. I can't wait to find out what the other swaps will be!

Comment

If you give a quilter a scrap, she will spend a whole evening finding more scraps.
                  When she finds more scraps she'll decide they should be organized.
                  When she begins organizing them, she'll realize she still needs a lot of squares and rectangles for her scrappy flying geese quilt
                  When she has spent a whole morning getting all her scraps sorted and cut into squares and rectangles, she will spend an entire afternoon matching squares and rectangles in sets of two geese and four geese.
                  After she matches most of them, there are enough left over that she starts to think she could cut up some fat quarters to make more geese
                  When she starts to look over her fat quarter stash, it's gotten dark
                  Because it's dark she starts to turn on more lights
                  When she turns on more lights she realizes what a mess her sewing room is now.
                  Then she snaps out of it, turns off the lights and goes to bed, thankful that her FQ stash survived.

Comment

Secret Santa 2018

About this Group

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2017 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They are smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. You also, twice a year, get to swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather then handmake 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the moderator that helps her match you up with your Secret Santa recipient.

You have u
                  Type: Public
                  Topics: 79
                  Comments: 494

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X