Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The January 2018 Theme will be ......

"Scrappy"

Yes, you can make any project you like. Just make it scrappy. This is a great opportunity to use up some of your stash and odds and ends scraps. If you don't have any then using a charm pack or mini charm pack will work too.

I'll be drawing the theme for February from the list of members who have joined by January 15. That will be posted by the last week in January.

I will be drawing the remainder of themes March through December on February 15 from members who have joined by then and they will be posted by the end of February.

Have fun!
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Oooooh, I love this!!! I've been "Bonnie Huntering" my scraps this year & this is perfect!

Comment

I too like this. I have lots of scraps to choose from.
      Wendy
      http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

Ooh. This will be a challenge for me.
        I don't do scrappy well. I want to, but I also want my chaos organized. Perhaps this will get me to actually use some of my periwinkle papers, or the ticker tape rolls I received as a past Secret Santa gift!
        I like the look, I just want to control the process more than I probably should!
        Well. Here is to practicing what I preach to my students! You aren't going to grow your skills if you have a fixed mindset. So, growth mindset here I come!
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Love this one. I shall peruse scrappy quilters pages to get ideas.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

Pininterest should have projects for that too.

I was never interested in it until I did that one quilt of Sitar's. On some of the blocks they were made by just sewing together 1 1/4 inch wide strips. Just mix and match the strip colors or prints. Once sewn together to a length and width you want you can then use any template to cut it out. Example a shape to then do pinwheels or say a dresden plate template for dresdens.
            https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
            Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Here is a good laugh for everyone. Today as I was thinking about the scrappy theme, I kept thinking I don't really have that many scraps (many of them were donated earlier this month to the local quilt guild that does charity quilts.) This evening I cut fabric for the children's 4-H project and some blocks for a quilt I am making which I managed to make a miscut so now I have plenty of scraps. So now having all these scraps for the January theme, how about a theme where somehow we all end of with plenty of money

Comment

Oooh! I like that kind of theme!

Comment

Interesting theme. I am trying to do "scrappy" more. I certainly have enough scraps. I have a couple of Bonnie Hunter's books and follow her. Love how her things turn out but when I try to do it myself, I find myself trying to "control" the scrappiness. LOL
                  Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I told you guys Ginny and I had a lot in common! LOL!

Comment

Alrighty, this sounds like fun.
                      Katrina
                      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I have a special scrap bin with fabrics I received in a strip swap from quilters across the USA, Great Britain and Ireland.
                        Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

oh cool. This will be fun. I've never done a truly scrappy project even though I keep all my scraps. This will be fun! Now to find a good project for it....

Comment

Hmm, scrappy. Great idea, but now I have the dilemma of what to make scrappy.

Comment

I'm not very scrappy. So not sure what to do. Suggestions welcomed

1/12 UPDATE - found a great project and finished it. Super fun theme! Just need to add finishing touches

Comment

Secret Santa 2018

About this Group

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2017 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They are smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. You also, twice a year, get to swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather then handmake 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the moderator that helps her match you up with your Secret Santa recipient.

You have u
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 79
                              Comments: 494

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X