No announcement yet.

Secret Santa 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Ginny B (again 'cause the last post vanished!)

I'm not sure what happened to my first post thanking Ginny for the wonderful gifts she sent. So here it is, one more time, with even more gratitude!
    Ginny started off January not being able to decide if Thanksgiving or Christmas was her favorite season/holiday. So she made me a reversible apron that covers both of them, and I had an apron for neither! She followed up with February and the Basket theme. She claims that her baskets didn't turn out well, so she used a swap card and made me a tote bag instead. My mother-in-law keeps eyeballing it, and it is certainly worthy. Ginny used squares of food prints offset by a rich, dark black solid. (I now have a good idea of what to make for her birthday though!) She also tucked in a big bag of caramel M&Ms in that tote!
    March brought Something for the Sewing Room and I now have two new soft tool caddies with some floral patterned scissors and a new magnet pin caddy, seam guide, and a couple new fat quarters.
    For April's By the Sea theme she made possibly my favorite thing. While it may not be the most elaborate gift she made, it's the one that touches my heart and makes me smile. It is a star-shaped candle mat made with adorable beach bucket print fabric and is quilted with a perfect wavy scallop stitch. She also included a pretty candle and a glass plate to protect the mat from pooling wax.
    Her May Flowers gift is a set of pretty purple zipper bags. I'm not sure if I like the inner or outer fabric best. I do know they both will come in handy in my school bag!
    My kitchen is now sporting a lovely new towel and wash rag for June's kitchen theme. I highly suspect that she embroidered the hand towel herself. I did move it off the front of the stove today, as I was afraid it would get tagged with pizza sauce at tonight's dinner.
    July's Stars theme is represented by a marvelous new table runner which has star fabrics throughout it. I really do love her use of that scallop quilt stitch! She brought even more stars to the party by making Ohio Star blocks from the Quilt Snips, and then converted them into bowl cozies! (I have been meaning to attempt to make some, but haven't quite gotten there. Now I can put that off a little longer!)
    It seems that both Ginny and I ran into hiccups with the mini-quilts. Mine didn't turn out so mini and Ginny opted for replacing the theme with another option. I am now a proud new owner of a notebook cover. It holds a mini legal pad and will be great for keeping notes at school.
    Ginny outdid herself with the beautiful snowflake ornaments. They look gorgeous on our tree and I just realized I forgot to get them in a photo.
    For November I have a set of pot holders or if I bump them together I can place a hot casserole dish on top of them. They are made very similar to the coasters that Caroline made me. I'm going to have to watch those tutorials and see if I can make them, as they look so cool.
    Finally for Warm and Cozy, Ginny sent me a mug with a snowflake mug rug, a box of tea, and a new book "The Basement Quilt". Absolutely perfect for a icky day spent in front of the woodstove!
    I am so blessed by Ginny's generosity and her craftsmanship!
    Thank you again Ginny, and I am truly sorry this didn't post the first time.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Cathy, you are so very welcome. I enjoyed picking out what I was going to make for each theme (although a couple gave me some issues, lol) Yes, I did embroider that towel. I also got myself a copy of The Basement Quilt and will be reading that shortly.

I am glad you like what I sent.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Wow, that's weird. I don't know why that disappeared :-/
      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I started the post, had to go deal with in-law issues and came back and finished it. I think it may have timed out somewhere in there. No worries, I just realized I didn't publicly thank Ginny and give a run down of her fabulous gifts!

Comment

Ok Ginny. Those microwave bowl cozies are getting a work out! We love them!
          That star-shaped candle mat is still making me smile. It's such happy fabric, and really makes me think of a sunny day at the beach!

The tote bag did not walk off to California with my mother-in-law when she left! (I checked!) I also packed the smaller purple pouch with some of my Christmas candies to sneak them under the radar of the kids at school! I think they were probably safer since I was highly dosed with chocolate!
          Again thank you for the fun gifts!

Comment

Yes, I loved the beach pail fabric and it makes me think of nice warm day at the beach
            Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Secret Santa 2017

About this Group

This is the 2017 Secret Santa M* Secret Santa Gift Swap. This is a year long, monthly themed event.

We have a lot of fun doing this every year. So come and join in on the fun.You may view the Gallery and Discussions by "joining" the Group. This Group will remain open for the remainer of 2017. For next years Secret Santa please join Secret Santa 2018.
            Type: Public
            Topics: 118
            Comments: 1102

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X