Secret Santa 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah We made it through another year!

2017 is drawing to a close. Christmas is three days away and it looks like everyone will be in one of two groups. Gently opening each Secret Santa present, folding the paper neatly and cherishing their gifts, or, some of us who frantically destroy wrappings in our rush to see each precious Secret Santa gift. Even Carlie will be opening her gift that my Secret Santa sent to her (Carlie is one of those from the first group believe it or not)

Don't forget your last commitment to the Secret Santa 2017 group and upload pictures of all your gifts to the Gallery for all to see. And don't forget to thank your Secret Santa in a Discussion group thread for her thoughtfulness, talent and caring. :-) Merry Christmas!
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

A BIG thank you to you Carlie, for being our hostess/administrator/guide/and all those other hats you wore. Merry Christmas to all.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Thankyou Carlie for keeping us organized all year. My first year joining this group & it has been an enjoyable learning experience.

Comment

Yes, thank you Carlie for organizing this and keeping us on track. It was great fun and I'm looking forward to next year.
        Tammy W.

Comment

Thank you for another successful swap. Already looking forward to next year. You did great keeping us all on task, even me....I may not be on schedule, but Ido manage to get it done, and sent on time for Christmas. You rocked it in style, oh fearless leader.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

Yes, I too want to say thanks for taking the swap on. I know there is so much to deal with in life putting another duty on our plate has got to be a challenge. Like Marilyn I am looking forward to next years swap, I have so many ideas floating in my head, I better write them down or I know I will forget them.

Beth
            Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

Thanks for all the time and effort!
              Quilts may come, and quilts may go, but the stitches stay the same.:icon_hi:

Comment

Thank you so much for all of the work of putting the swap together. It is so tempting at the moment to open the gifts as every child is sleeping in bed, dh is working on his own projects, I am in my warm pjs with a cup of hot tea. But I will be a good girl and wait. I, personally, love to savor opening each one.

Comment

Thank you for organizing the swap, Carlie - it's a huge commitment and you've done a fantastic job

This is the first one I've participated in and I have had so much fun! Everyone is so kind & thoughtful & creative - thank you all!!!

Comment

Thank you Carlie and to my SS Beth. I've been looking at posts of Beth's projects and getting a bit nervous. Her projects are so perfect and beautiful. So do we open tonight or tomorrow. I do have a confession to make.. was just sort of rearranging the packages and well the fabric wrapping was sort of slipping and yes I peeked but not all the way but I seen a zipper. Oh my a zipper! I'm dying inside. A gift with a zipper. Are you kidding me? Well to late now the gifts are mailed and soon to be opened. Merry Christmas.

Comment

Thank you Carlie for hosting this year. You did a wonderful job! And thanks to everyone for ensuring your gifts arrived at their destinations in time! Thanks, too, to Juliet Taylor. I haven't opened the gifts yet, but I know from looking at her albums on the Forum that everything in my packages is sure to be beautiful.
                      Now I would just like to say Merry Christmas to all and a hope for a truly wonderful 2018!
                      Peggiep
                      "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Carlie,
                        I will join the rest of the ladies in thanking you for running this swap. I know it takes a lot of effort to keep track of all of us goofballs over the course of the year. You did a really good job, even when it got a little tricky at the end!
                        Merry Christmas to all!
                        Be who you are and say what you feel
                        because those who mind don't matter,
                        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Thank you Carlie for doing a awesome job with the Secret Santa swap. You did a amazing job keeping us all on track with some great ideas. I am looking forward to opening all my gifts on Christmas. I hope everyone has a great day and I am looking forward to next years Secret Santa swap. You did a awesome job. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

0 Thanks

Comment

At last I have a few minutes--I just wanted to add my 2 cents to the great job Carlie did. She kept us all inspired and on track. I hope that those that were unable to finish take a few minutes to read thru the comments about the gifts and see what they missed. Again thanks Carlie for all your hard work.

Comment

Thank you so much for everything Carlie (Noel). You did a fantastic job! This year was a lot of fun! We had some great challenges both sewing and even personally, but we made it! I can't wait to get started again!! Like I said in a previous post, lets see if we can get more people involved. I know people say they will join and then they drop out. I don't know how we can encourage people to stay involved. I know it's really hard when you get behind. I got behind this year due to some personal things going on, but I managed to get caught up and I'm so glad I did!!! Let's start strong and finish strong in 2018!!! What a great group!!!!!
                              :icon_hi:

Happy Quilting!
                              Janine

Comment

Secret Santa 2017

About this Group

This is the 2017 Secret Santa M* Secret Santa Gift Swap. This is a year long, monthly themed event.

We have a lot of fun doing this every year. So come and join in on the fun.You may view the Gallery and Discussions by "joining" the Group. This Group will remain open for the remainer of 2017. For next years Secret Santa please join Secret Santa 2018.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 118
                              Comments: 1102

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                                Willcox and Gibbs
                                by chelea
                                Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                                November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
                              • KPH
                                My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                                by KPH
                                Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                                November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                              • KPH
                                Secret Santa Arrivals
                                by KPH
                                Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                                November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                              • Monique
                                It has arrived
                                by Monique
                                My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                                November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                              • KPH
                                New Leader needed for 2021
                                by KPH
                                We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                                November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                              Working...
                              X