Secret Santa 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I've Learned!

I learned that I should note the month on the "outside" of the package! Apparently I had brain-freeze and I put a note with the month on the inside of my presents. How's that for a senior moment! Also, the gifts I received are wrapped so beautifully in loveliest fabrics you can imagine. I'm almost embarrassed as to how rudimentary my gift wrapping is. My Secret Santa (BethB) probably thinks I'm a 12-year old boy. I should also have noted that one of the presents could be opened early... BethB if you're reading this, there's a box for your sweet tooth that you may open early. I'm typically very organized but for this I was a total scatterbrain... LOL!

I receive something to open early and it's wonderful! Candy and a snowman... what's not to love. The snowman is a little gourd and it is so stinking cute, I love it.
    Tammy W.

I wrapped a few things in fabric, but most are in paper.
    We did find that noting the month or theme on the outside of the package was helpful. Slipping a note inside or including a letter explaining some of the items is fun too. I also included a list of patterns for the projects in case they wanted to make some of their own.

Having something to open right away with helps take the edge off, or makes it nearly impossible to resist opening everything else!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

The fact that my sewing machine was not usable for early October to after Thanksgiving, and a back injury, gave me a lot of time to browse pics and I was able to steal ideas. Wrapping in fabric? - not my idea. Also, putting the month on the outside - not totally my idea. TeaThyme, there is a paper inside each gift with a little info on design, fabric used, month theme. Originally I planned on putting those on the outside, but eventually thought it would be too much info, so I put that inside and saw a pic w/ tags on the outside. This was my first year to do this but I couldn’t have done it without everyone’s comments and pics —- and the great guidance of Carlie

Nancy

Comment

I think that it is a combination of learning experience from having done the Secret Santa and how the year has gone is how gifts end up. My first year I had zero clue what I was doing. The second year was much better as I had a better idea for gifts. Some years there are notes and some years it is a quick writing of the months on the outside of the package. This year's packages didn't get the pretty wrapping. I have thought about wrapping ahead but as the year goes by, I sometimes find additional items to add to the package and there are times that I just wait for inspiration to hit before I do anything.

Comment

I wrapped all of mine in paper or in bags, as needed. It has been a crazy mad house around here for the past several weeks. I noted on the outside of my packages, which ones could be opened now. Thank God, my swap partner knows me, and how scatterbrained, and disorganized I can get....that being said..I do work best under pressure. Hope she is reading this
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

auntiemern ---- Marilyn, I am just so thankful that you are not sick this holiday season. I am not worried about the packages - they will get here sometime. And they don't have far to travel

Comment

Thanks Charyti. So far, so good....the past two I was SOOOOOO sick...praying to remain healthy this year.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Secret Santa 2017

About this Group

This is the 2017 Secret Santa M* Secret Santa Gift Swap. This is a year long, monthly themed event.

We have a lot of fun doing this every year. So come and join in on the fun.You may view the Gallery and Discussions by "joining" the Group. This Group will remain open for the remainer of 2017. For next years Secret Santa please join Secret Santa 2018.
              Type: Public
              Topics: 118
              Comments: 1102

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X