Secret Santa 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something horrible has happened :-(

I don't know what to say except I feel horrible about this.

There was a separate discussion in this group under the thread "A note about taxes and shipping and custom duties".

One of our internationals was charged $152 in customs and taxes due to a declared value of $400. Although I'm sure this was not intentional it should not have occurred. It was discussed. If it had happened to me I know I could have not afforded to cover the amount and would have had to decline the package and sent it back. Although the recipient covered the cost I know that it was not something she could afford to do.

I'm at a loss as to how this could be corrected or if it can. Any suggestions?
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

OMG! I would have refused it...return to sender. No idea what kind of fix but I am all for a try at some type.

Beth
    Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

Wow! Not sure how to fix it.

Comment

Just to let you know I'm happy to say a solution was found and we're back on track. We have such wonderful people in this Group and you are all a pleasure to work with.

If I do this next year I'll make sure that in the Rules we sign there is also an explanation of why we need to declare low shipping values for international shipping. It will be followed up just before the shipping dates as a reminder. It might also be wise to double check your receipts when shipping to assure that the post office has actually done what you told them when it comes to shipping values. This was an error by the postal clerk. He/she is on Santa's Very Very Naughty List for 2017.
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I am so glad there was a solution found. I would be sick if that happen to me. I could not have afforded that amount. I am glad everything worked out. It pays to double check everything when mailing.

0 Thanks

Comment

I am glad it was resolved. I could not have afforded to pay the $152 either.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Secret Santa 2017

About this Group

This is the 2017 Secret Santa M* Secret Santa Gift Swap. This is a year long, monthly themed event.

We have a lot of fun doing this every year. So come and join in on the fun.You may view the Gallery and Discussions by "joining" the Group. This Group will remain open for the remainer of 2017. For next years Secret Santa please join Secret Santa 2018.
            Type: Public
            Topics: 118
            Comments: 1102

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X