Secret Santa 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was your fav theme?

I know I could have asked this question EARLIER so we could have read our target's personal preference, but it just came to me right this moment...

Of all the themes, what was your favorite theme? Mine was "Warm and Cozy" because it truly inspired me !

Although I have to admit the easiest one was "Sewing for the sewing room" and "Christmas decorations" because that I can do with my eyes closed

(Funnily enough, I did not mention my OWN theme!)
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Great thread Juliet!

Oh man, what to choose LOL
    I think I'll have to go with the ones:

I got really psyched about which was March/Sewing and July/Stars
    I had the most fun playing with: February/Baskets
    Learned the most: September/Mini Quilts

I really enjoyed all the themes. A lot of them were challenging for different reason.

Good job girls picking out themes!!!
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

My favourite theme was "Sewing Room". It was a large project and hadn't finished it when I found out who my SS recipient was, so I could personalize it! Sure hope she like it!
      Peggiep
      "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

So hard to choose. They were all so good. I really enjoyed the Sewing Room month and the Kitchen one was a lot of fun for me too. Made two things that I really like making for that one. And, of course, there is the Christmas decorations one too. How can I choose?
        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Oh you scared me there for a moment Jinny B. You mentioned Christmas Decorations. I already mailed my package and I did Christmas Ornaments. Oh no I need to make something else and get it in the mail fast. Went back and checked the list..oh good I'm ok. They were all fun to make but the mini quilt gave me the most trouble.

Comment

I liked the Seasonal Holiday, Fabric Basket, stars and of course I always love a flower theme. Maybe I just like what I made for those months. I really wish we could get more people involved and somehow keep them involved. I know that several people drop out every year and I wish we could figure out a way to help people stay motivated throughout the year. If you get behind, it's very hard to get caught up. I ended up getting behind this year due to some personal family matters. June, July, Sept and Oct were really hard months for me, but I was determined to get caught up. I'm wondering if we should post ideas and maybe links to some ideas with the instructions on how to make the item it might help keep people interested. If anyone can think of any way we can get people committed to participate and stick it out all year, please post it.
            :icon_hi:

Happy Quilting!
            Janine

Comment

hey jkoucheki
              I don't know about the others but I can give my two cents.
              Two years ago I tried partecipating but I had to drop out in June because of my health problems that I had to deal with.
              Last year I wasn't sure I had the skill to be able to provide nice items plus I am not afraid to admit there was a member partecipating who I did not like for her posts on the forum so I did not want to risk having her as my target plus I had other problems evolving during the year so thank goodness I did not partecipate.

I love making gifts. I love the Secret Santa idea. I already did it once on a fb group but it was for just ONE project. I organized one with my friends in our own facebook group and once again it was one gift only. I also did it on boardgame forums I belong to and it was always a game plus one handmade item plus one candy or chocolate.

I'm afraid a lot of people get scared by the year long project. A year can be tricky. You have plenty of time yes but you also have room to procrastinate. I've seen it with me. At a certain point I left behind some themes because I wanted to know who my target was to personalize my gifts.
              But now that I've done it for the first time I'm totally changing my mind: I want to make gifts for my target all year long, starting right now, sewing both inside the assigned themes and outside because:
              1) I could manage to change one theme or by accident I match the one given
              2) I can always gift it to someone else

I also think we could advertise the Secret Santa Experience in this forum if in Show & Tell we would go and post what we made for our target. Saying how we enjoyed sewing this for such person, the new tutorial we used, maybe a new technique that was used.. I think that a lot of people don't look at groups! And that's too bad
              My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

I also want to add that I learnt so much by this first year. I cannot wait to do it next year as well I already know how to improve myself, what to change, what do add, what kind of things I can sew and how to send a lot of love thru my handmade items... so... I am so glad I did it!

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

I agree. I've been doing this for 2 years and each year, I've learned so much!!! I am inspired to try new thing because of this Secret Santa sewing group. I want to be inspired and this group inspires me. I had a really hard time this year. Last year was easy for me, but this year was incredibly challenging and I wasn't sure I was going to make it. I'm so glad I was able to finish. It's a lot of fun so I hope we can keep people encouraged.
                  :icon_hi:

Happy Quilting!
                  Janine

Comment

My favorite theme was January's Seasonal Holiday and September's Mini Quilt. I really like the two items that I made for those months. I think it's because those ideas popped into my head the quickest.

I'm not going to lie.. I had some real issues trying to figure out what I was going to make for each month. At times I feel like a one-trick-pony because it felt like a lot of my ideas are similar. Plus this is my first year participating so I have jitters as to if my items are good enough. I suppose time will tell!
                    Tammy W.

Comment

Oh TeaThyme you worry toooooo much! Actually the first year I went through the same thing. It gets easier :-)

Having people post a pic up in the gallery here in the discussion does help once everyone has opened their gifts at Christmas. I finally realized I could check out the previous years gifts to see what others have done. I'll try to remember to "open" this years group so others can go back and get in to see what you all did! If I forget, please, someone remind me.
                      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I'm a worrier and I proudly own it! Looking at past year's gifts would be great. I really am excited to see what our creative minds have come up with. Mine will be hitting the mail on Monday so look out!!!!
                        Tammy W.

Comment

TeaThyme said "I'm not going to lie.. I had some real issues trying to figure out what I was going to make for each month. At times I feel like a one-trick-pony because it felt like a lot of my ideas are similar. Plus this is my first year participating so I have jitters as to if my items are good enough. I suppose time will tell!"

I felt like this too! exactly same thoughts! And guess what... now I'm so ready for next year to really make even more different things it's so cool we are learning together

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

I have truly enjoyed participating in this year's SS exchange. I love the fact that we knew who our "target" was early was a terrific idea. (Thanks for that, Carlie Wolf). I, too, was intimidated by some of the projects, but it was a learning experience and I tried to create all my gifts with care and to the best of my ability. I know we all doubt our skill levels, but, if we honestly try, we can make something beautiful, even if it is not perfect.
                            Peggiep
                            "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

My mind went blank a couple of times, but I managed. I hope my SS likes her gifts.
                              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Secret Santa 2017

About this Group

This is the 2017 Secret Santa M* Secret Santa Gift Swap. This is a year long, monthly themed event.

We have a lot of fun doing this every year. So come and join in on the fun.You may view the Gallery and Discussions by "joining" the Group. This Group will remain open for the remainer of 2017. For next years Secret Santa please join Secret Santa 2018.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 118
                              Comments: 1102

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X