Secret Santa 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly question, but...

...when we ship our gifts, should we let our SS know who we are? Or do we try to send things out anonymously?

I always have enclosed a card with my name-and forum name too- and have gotten such from the gifter-I appreciate this info so I can send a proper thank you note.

Beth
    Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

I thought about this to trying to keep it a secret till "the day" they open but your return name and address is on the outside of the package.

Comment

Humm, I don't know. Certainly by Christmas Day the person should have your real name, forum name and I would think perhaps your address. I'm pretty sure that my real name would have been on the shipped box. Not all people know what real names match the forum names they are known here by. I don't think it makes much difference because the actual gifts remain a secret until Christmas (right girls?????). I always take the gifts out of the shipping box and put them under the tree until Christmas. It's probably a good idea since sometimes some of the gifts are marked "open before Christmas" :-)
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I have always enclosed a letter/card introducing myself and explaining why I chose some of the things I did, or their significance.

If you want to keep it ultra secret, you can put somebody else's address in the return address space. Then Carlie, or Sandy, or M* would get all of the misdirected packages. That might make it a bit difficult to send a thank you card back though!

I have always opened the box when it arrives. After years as a shipping department manager, I want to make sure everything is right in the box. If I need to file a claim, the sooner the better. If there is something in there I want you to use before Christmas that should be marked too.
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Considering that I'm the only Italian here as soon as my package arrives my target will know who I am but it's not a bad thing I think. I actually like it!
            My plan is to also write a letter to present myself and say "HI!" and then add a note to each gift to tell what inspired me and why I chose to make what I did... I cannot wait
            My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

My name and address on the package I just sent. Each gift is wrapped individually and marked by month. The one on the top says "Open now". The rest will have to wait.

Who will be the first to receive their package?
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Secret Santa 2017

About this Group

This is the 2017 Secret Santa M* Secret Santa Gift Swap. This is a year long, monthly themed event.

We have a lot of fun doing this every year. So come and join in on the fun.You may view the Gallery and Discussions by "joining" the Group. This Group will remain open for the remainer of 2017. For next years Secret Santa please join Secret Santa 2018.
              Type: Public
              Topics: 118
              Comments: 1102

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X