Secret Santa 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Sewing Machine do you have/use?

I thought I would post a thread and ask what sewing machine or machines everyone uses. There hasn't been much activity on the discussion board and we are all probably working to finish our September project, playing catch up if you are lagging behind or working ahead. I am getting ready for a retreat so I have been gathering up sewing notions so I don't forget anything and trying to decide what projects I will be taking to work on.

I currently have a Bernina 830 with the embroidery module. It is a wonderful machine, but so heavy to tote around to classes and retreats! I have thought about getting a smaller machine just for such times. I borrowed my granddaughter's small Bernina, but I just couldn't get used to the smaller throat and limited stitches and not having a needle threader, auto needle down, etc. It is amazing what one gets used to and not having a function drives me nuts. LOL!

I have a Brother SE400. It has embroidery function but just for the smaller 4x4 patterns. I like it and seems to be a little work horse, it's not all that heavy I don't thing. It has an auto needle threader and a few other handy things and about 50 or 60 decorative stitches. I also have the Blockrockit mid arm on a 100" frame. I'd love to have an embroidery machine that does larger patterns though :-)
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I have the Babylock Ellageo Plus. It is a sewing/embroidery machine. Her largest hoop is 6 x 10, but sometimes it is not big enough. I would love to have the Destiny, but way too much money for me. The Babylock is the only machine I have so when I go to classes and/or retreats, she is what I have to take. She is heavy, but I have a wheeled carrier which helps a lot. I too like all the little functions - auto needle threader, needle down function, auto tension (at least they say it is). I would love to have a lighter machine also.

Nancy

Comment

I have a Husqvarna Designer. It is several years old (not sure how many). Works great & never gives me trouble. I also got a Singer Featherweight last year which is fun to use.

Comment

I have two that are in use most of the time, a BabyLock Crafter's Choice and a BL Crescendo. I often have two projects going and each require a different set up so I just use both machines.

Beth
          Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

I have a Babylock Melody that I use as my traveling machine and has been the one that I have been using the most as I have been spending time sewing in the living room lately.

Comment

I am a Pfaff girl I learnt how to sew on a Pfaff, I bought a second hand Pfaff from my friend and that was my first sewing machine!

Now I own a Pfaff Creative 3.0 that my hubby gifted me after carefully choosing together the right model for me and I couldn't love it more! It's great for quilting and embroidery, I love every function it has! It also has a lot of decorative stitches! Super cool!
              My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

My machine is a Janome Skyline S5. It's a few years old and I'm already thinking of trading her in on something else.
                Tammy W.

Comment

I have a Huskystar E20. For a 'basic' machine, it sure comes with a lot of built in stitches/feet. I've had it for years and years. I do need to get it maintenanced at some point (the light has stopped working), but it always seems like there's another project I have to finish first.

Comment

I have a Brother Innovis 450Q that is my main machine. I also have a Brother CS6000i, a Janome 3/4 sz Hello Kitty, as well as a Brother PE 770 embroidery machine.
                    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

I have a Bernina Bernette 80e and a BabyLock serger.
                      I currently have Mom's all metal Kenmore here too. It's not as smooth as I remember it sewing, but she hasn't had it maintained in a while either. I had it here so I could see while my daughter was learning in my machine..
                      I also have a Singer treadle that I need to get the cabinet cleaned on and put back together.
                      Be who you are and say what you feel
                      because those who mind don't matter,
                      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm sewing on a Budget Brother. I bought it right when I got started, before I realized what my true needs are. It works great for piecing, but not so well for quilting (minuscule throat space). I have my eye on my mother's old Pfaff I just convinced her to spend the $150 to get repaired (I actually offered to pay for the repair, then she did it before giving me an answer). Its not super fancy just because its almost 40 years old, but it does have IDT and would be an upgrade in throat space for me.

Comment

I use a Kenmore mostly but have 2 featherweights, a 301 and a bunch of other vintage machines.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Secret Santa 2017

About this Group

This is the 2017 Secret Santa M* Secret Santa Gift Swap. This is a year long, monthly themed event.

We have a lot of fun doing this every year. So come and join in on the fun.You may view the Gallery and Discussions by "joining" the Group. This Group will remain open for the remainer of 2017. For next years Secret Santa please join Secret Santa 2018.
                          Type: Public
                          Topics: 118
                          Comments: 1102

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X