Secret Santa 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September Theme

Qwiltergirl won the theme drawing for September.

September's theme challenge is "Mini Quilts". Here is a link that will wet your whistle: www.sewcanshe.com There is also a lot of mini quilts to browse in pinterest :-)

Happy sewing!
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Is there a set size or standard size for a mini quilt?

Comment

Maybe Qwiltergirl could answer this. From what I've researched it appears that many are the size of regular paper, about 8x10 inches finished although some did appear slightly larger. I noticed many of the squares were about 1 inch and the upward size cut to about 2". :-)
      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

My SIL gave me patterns that say small quilts and they are 16 x 20. I'm thinking that is to big.

Comment

This theme might be one that I will swap out unless I decided to step outside of my box and give it a go.

Comment

I love miniquilts! I am so happy!!!!!!!
            My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

Wow, I like working with small pieces but never tried a mini quilt.
              Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

ok Juliet Taylor what size???

Comment

Those can be fun.

Comment

This was interesting - yesterday the theme was posted for mini quilts and today in my inbox was an email "21 21 Itty Bitty Mini Quilts" from Piecing It Together from Favequilts. Now I have several more ideas for mini quilts

Comment

Georgie Girl I guess that a quilt can be considered mini up until... I don't know.. big as a frame you hang on the wall? 16'' maybe? not sure. In my kitchen I have one that I love and I made it 8,5''
                      My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

What is the purpose of a mini-quilt? Just to hang on the wall??
                        :icon_hi:

Happy Quilting!
                        Janine

Comment

Started the mini this morning all was going great until.....sewed the same seam wrong 3 times, the pressed it wrong-so I thought, ended up pressed all the seams the wrong direction so far. My secret Santa better appreciate this one, 4 hrs into it and not even to the sub-cutting stage. Breaking for lunch, will try again later.
                          Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

well I started mine this morning and it's now ready for quilting. I measured it and it's 18 X 16.5. I hope that's mini enough. Well that was yesterday, Monday. I'm editing this post today, Tuesday. Scraping and starting over. Need to find a different pattern. I'm determined to do this.

Comment

I worked on mine yesterday. It is coming along rather well.
                              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Secret Santa 2017

About this Group

This is the 2017 Secret Santa M* Secret Santa Gift Swap. This is a year long, monthly themed event.

We have a lot of fun doing this every year. So come and join in on the fun.You may view the Gallery and Discussions by "joining" the Group. This Group will remain open for the remainer of 2017. For next years Secret Santa please join Secret Santa 2018.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 118
                              Comments: 1102

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X