Secret Santa 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever have sewing withdrawal?

My "Cloma" had to go in for her checkup, and I am now in sewing withdrawal! She will be away for 2 weeks and I don't have another machine. And wouldn't you know it, I saw a pattern for a table runner and had the stash to do it, but no machine. So I spent part of the weekend working in the yard which is my least favorite thing to do, but at least it was sunny and not too hot yet. In South Texas we mostly have only three seasons, mild, hot and hotter! I hope everyone has a good week and that you are working on your Secret Santa projects. Can't wait to see what July's theme will be--firecrackers, 4th of July, patriotic, red/white/blue, or not!!!

I have had sewing withdrawals when I was still working. Some days/weeks were so busy that I was too tired to sewing even thou I wanted to.
    Wendy
    http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

I haven't had sewing withdrawal yet but about 6 months ago I started panicking at the thought of something happening to my sewing machine. (I guess I had nothing better to worry about LOL). Any way I took my previous sewing machine that had not been working properly (It was old and also cheap back in the day). I started working seriously on fixing it and did succeed. Now I know I have a backup and am anxiety free!! YIPEEEEE!
      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I have. I had one time when I ended up with a ton of free time and could have actually been sewing but the machine was in for cleaning. And then there are the days that I want almost need to sew and don't have the time. Or it is late and I am tired like now and I know better than to try to sew - would end up ripping out what I did stitch or if I would start cutting, make the wrong cuts - experience can be a tough teacher. So I will quickly glance at the forum and head to bed.

Comment

Right now my biggest concern is to make sure my dear beloved sewing machine is okay. While I was sewing one day my finger got caught and even though I didn't hurt myself I am afraid I have misaligned something in the "crash". I cleaned the machine and it seems almost okay but I'm not totally sure. Of course this happened right before my vacation so now I'm away from home and my sewing machine and I try to don't think about but sometimes is difficult!
          My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

Lol - that is usually when I end up cleaning my sewing room - or i cut material for the next project. I am always thinking so i usually have something in the future plan works. But at the same time I have two projects that I can work on when my sewing machine is on a sleep over. I have an embroidery project and the next one is a hexi project. It is best to have something that you can go to to avoid the withdrawal symptoms - according to my Mister - it was worse than when i quit smoking
            Lisa Dawn
            May great ideas start with a scrap of thought.

Comment

Withdrawal has been tolerable! I am going next week to a two day software class. I have been spending time on the computer fooling around with the new update. I am anxious to see what I will learn and how I will apply more embroidery into my quilts. I bought the edge to edge quilting book a couple of years ago and did use it on one small project, but when "Cloma" gets home I am going to try it again on a large wall hanging. Although my long arm gal is good, it would be nice to be able to do smaller quilts myself and save a few bucks.

Comment

I went back to work rather suddenly after being home with the kids for 11 years. I could usually tuck in some sewing time at least every few days then. Not once I went to work! Just keeping up with the farm and the family was enough.
                I'm looking forward to getting the house put back together after three months of chaos and getting back in the sewing room!
                I am loving working at the school, but I can totally appreciate the 6 weeks off now too. Although I can tell you the teachers I work with are still working over the summer, even if they aren't in the classroom! That is one job that is certainly underpaid.
                So, here is to summer break and getting caught up on my sewing!
                Be who you are and say what you feel
                because those who mind don't matter,
                and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

When my machine is getting her well deserved spa treatment I use that time to cut projects out, place them in their separate boxes I have and when I get her home I sew and sew and sew.

Comment

I thought I would get my machine back yesterday, but now they say it will be another 2 weeks. I did spend the last two days in a Bernina Software class, and learned a lot about the newest version. So I guess now I will spend the next few weeks transferring and moving designs around in the computer! Probably best as my right foot is in a cast boot as I have developed tendinitis in both the Achilles tendon and the plantar tendon and will be in it for 6 weeks. Then I think my darn outside cat got into poison ivy and when I was patting her I must have gotten some of the on one of my fingers as I now have a rash! What a way to end the past week! Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Comment

Finally getting my "Cloma" back on Wednesday. She is hopefully cleaned and ready to get back to work. I hope all of our American group has a wonderful Fourth of July and the rest of you have a good day as well.

Comment

Secret Santa 2017

About this Group

This is the 2017 Secret Santa M* Secret Santa Gift Swap. This is a year long, monthly themed event.

We have a lot of fun doing this every year. So come and join in on the fun.You may view the Gallery and Discussions by "joining" the Group. This Group will remain open for the remainer of 2017. For next years Secret Santa please join Secret Santa 2018.
                      Type: Public
                      Topics: 118
                      Comments: 1102

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                        Willcox and Gibbs
                        by chelea
                        Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                        November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
                      • KPH
                        My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                        by KPH
                        Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                        November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                      • KPH
                        Secret Santa Arrivals
                        by KPH
                        Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                        November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                      • Monique
                        It has arrived
                        by Monique
                        My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                        November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                      • KPH
                        New Leader needed for 2021
                        by KPH
                        We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                        November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                      Working...
                      X