Secret Santa 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Fun???

Since we are supposed to try and post during each month, I thought I would start this month with a question about what fun thing/vacation do you have planned for the summer. I will start! Nothing has been planned yet. South Texas gets hot quick and the nearest 'cool' spot for us is Ruidoso, NM. It is still an 8 to 10 hour drive (as we don't like to fly anymore) but worth it. We usually try and get there at least every other year so this is the year. If that doesn't pan out, we will enjoy our time with the grand kids who will come over from the Houston area for several days, and we will enjoy going to the river and floating or just wading depending on the flow of the river.

Enjoy the week and hope some of you will post.

No plans for anything big this summer. I enjoy my weekly golf league. My son & family move to a new home June 30 so I know we will be helping them & we just put our home up for sale this week. It might be a busy summer!

Comment

For the first time since I retired 3 years ago, we have no summer plans for travel. However, we are undertaking several renovations to our home, including a new building that will be our crafting studio. The building is an "Amish-style" mini cottage that is 20 x 24 feet, with a little porch. It was built off-site and delivered last Friday! Today, I will organize getting someone in to complete the interior with insulation, drywall and paint and we hope to be able to move all our crafting equipment -- quilting, scrapbooking and beading for me, and oil and watercolour painting for DH George -- by the middle of July. Since we also just had a lovely sunroom constructed, I hope we will be able to spend a great deal of time just enjoying each other's company in the peace and tranquilty of our backyard...but first, summer has to make an appearance in our area!

Enjoy your summer, whatever you do. It is far too short a season!
      Peggiep
      "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

No plans, I just wish we would get some summer weather. Since the beginning of May we have had lots of cool rainy weather. Back on May 24th, the news said we had 17 out of 24 days of measurable rain. It hasn't gotten much better.
        Wendy
        http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

No plans as my DH health is not good. He can't leave the house much. So glad I have my sewing. It's been a life saver for me. So my plans this summer is turning 70 ECK how can that be? I was just 50!

Comment

Quilting and sewing.

Comment

A few small camping trips for us - and get ourselfs back to the basics in our lives
              Lisa Dawn
              May great ideas start with a scrap of thought.

Comment

No plans. I've never been a big vacation taker. My idea of a vacation was to stay home by myself and have everyone go away for a while. Then I could craft myself to death with no interruptions :-)
                https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

The only thing we have planned are some weekend trips to collect the new row by row kits.

Comment

I am starting the summer off with a trip to California to see my Grandson Zeke (and his mom and dad too, lol). We have a Moody Blues concert in July and we hope to spend a lot of Sunday's at the beach. That is if the sun ever comes out.
                    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

No plans here. The one thing that I would like to do is go across HWY 36 and get the free quilt block patterns for the HWY 36 quilt. The theme this year of seasons and holidays. Not sure if it will happen as dh is having shoulder surgery this summer.

Comment

No big plans here. We have been many places over the years but not this year. I am going to the retreat at M* in September -- that's my "bug" trip.

Comment

My plans including visiting a lot of quilt shops on the Shop Hop runs we have. Not that I need any more BUT you never know until you see everything. Our big trip will be to Biliox MS in Sept for a casiso trip for a week then a big quilt show in Erie for the weekend. Hope to use up some of my stash so I can replace it later. Hope you all have a great summer.

0 Thanks

Comment

I kicked off summer with a long Memorial Day weekend spent with my parents in their motor home at the Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station campground (Long Beach, CA). We didn't do much other than relax, take naps and walk the dog. It was a perfect 4 days.

As for the rest of the summer, no big trips planned since I'm trying to save up my sick/vacation time for a surgery I'm 90% sure will be this fall and take me out for 2 weeks. I've been at this job less than a year so don't have much vacation time built up yet.

Comment

We are going from the frying pan (100 degree weather and high humidity for weeks at a time) into the fire - Cancún and the Mayan coastal jungle area. All of it work related or we would choose a cooler, albeit more expensive time of year, of course. But we will also be in the cooler mountainous region for a month and a half which makes up for the other part of the trip!

We will hopefully take a real vacation sometime else in the year.

Have fun, everyone!

Comment

Secret Santa 2017

About this Group

This is the 2017 Secret Santa M* Secret Santa Gift Swap. This is a year long, monthly themed event.

We have a lot of fun doing this every year. So come and join in on the fun.You may view the Gallery and Discussions by "joining" the Group. This Group will remain open for the remainer of 2017. For next years Secret Santa please join Secret Santa 2018.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 118
                              Comments: 1102

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X