Secret Santa 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe this could be a good idea

I was thinking... how about we give each other a hand?
    I'm very stucked on my January project. I'm thinking about a certain holiday, but what if my recipient would love more another one?
    What if I delayed at the very last moment such month and then, when I know who I'm sending my gifts to, I could check her user notes and know what her favorite holiday is?

Basically what I'm suggesting is that each one of us involved in the Secret Santa would write in her USer noters for each month with each theme what she would love
    Which of course it's not mandatory, but more a "suggestion"
    Like if I wrote for January "Halloween", for February "Sewing", for March "Pincushion", for April "Bag" for example.

Do you think it could be a good idea? Hope I explained myself

Happy Easter everyone!
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Almost missed this :-) You certainly could wait until after you get the name to do a particular months theme. Remember though that at the end of the summer, before you get the name that you will need to email me the projects you have done to date. We really have to make sure that everyone who gets a name does receive the completed gifts. People who are willing to send internationally will have to get all the gifts complete by the date in October they will need to be sent out at (or maybe that's early Nov I have to look it up). If you wait too long to complete monthly themed gifts you may get too overwhelmed at the end and if not completed that could hurt members.

I know I like making for a specific person too but I understand why it was decided to do it this way. What I did last year was went with the flow monthly but once I got the name I checked the user notes and then tailored the "replacement" option and themes given for the last two months we got in I think Sept to my individuals user notes and forum past comments. The other thing you can do is pick whatever holiday you want, do that and then once you get the persons name if they have a holiday preference also make one for their special holiday
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I understand
      My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

I would like to think that people in the group would be happy with anything you made. I know I would.

Comment

Same here! I'll be thrilled with anything I receive!

Comment

I like homemade things.

Comment

When I get my secret Santa and I will check out her/his profile and do one of the last few projects specifically for them assuming they have something on their profile.

Comment

I have loved everything I have gotten over the years. When I get my secret Santa I usually check back to see her likes or dislikes and adjust according. If they have a favorite I try to work it in with the rest of her presents. Whatever you decide is find with me.

0 Thanks

Comment

I do know that a few people made things and then held them for monogramming or something like that last year. I think one of the bigger issues is that you never know what you will be doing at the end of the year and you might not have time to get things made. You will still have Oct, Nov and December to make so adding another month gets to be a lot.

But it's really up to you. I know that last year a couple of people waited until the very last minute to make most of their gifts. I know that would be too much for me - but everyone is different. You can do what best suits you. It's just so much fun to get the box. I almost cried last year when I opened my gifts. I was just so happy and I loved everything so much that it almost made me cry. My family was so jealous of my gifts.
                  :icon_hi:

Happy Quilting!
                  Janine

Comment

Secret Santa 2017

About this Group

This is the 2017 Secret Santa M* Secret Santa Gift Swap. This is a year long, monthly themed event.

We have a lot of fun doing this every year. So come and join in on the fun.You may view the Gallery and Discussions by "joining" the Group. This Group will remain open for the remainer of 2017. For next years Secret Santa please join Secret Santa 2018.
                  Type: Public
                  Topics: 118
                  Comments: 1102

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X