Secret Santa 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Question

When do we get the project for the next month?

I appreciate that some of us are not finished the January project (included in that would be myself) But towards the end of the year we will be given a few projects to ensure we are completed in time and mailed out. But I was figuring that if we received all the months a little early would help ease the burden of completion towards the end of the year when projects seem to multiply. Keep ahead of the game so to speak
    Lisa Dawn
    May great ideas start with a scrap of thought.

Don't worry about not being done with the January theme, I'm not either. You'll catch up and it all evens out at the end. There are no quilt police here :-)

January theme was put out there pretty early since I thought some people would have time to sew if they were off work during the holidays. My target is to list the themes not later than the 1st of the months. I think you'll find that you will be receiving the themes the week before the 1st of the month for the most part.

Also some of you remember that at the end of the year you will be receiving the last three themes (Oct/Nov & Dec) by the end of September. Also at that time you are reminded that you may replace any one theme with anything of your choosing and it doesn't have to be related to a named theme. For those of us who have been here longer we tend to keep that in mind during the year too.

For the most part no one keeps track of who finished during a particular month, some of us have very busy schedules or maybe we get sick one month or whatever. The only time you want to be pretty much caught up is when you are asked in early September to mail a pic of all projects you have completed to the moderator. This has to be done in order to get the name of the person you will be Secret Santa to. This has to be done (and it's important for the success of the Group) because there were times in the past where a person or two resigned and didn't tell anyone. They were sent a name to send their gifts to and none were received by the recipient since they were actually no longer a member.

Don't panic :-) Do it at your relaxed pace as long as your projects are up to date by early September :-)
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

What was the January theme? I joined this group rather late but would like to work on the January theme.

Thanks
      Sheri

Comment

Jan. theme is ...any holiday, your choice of something dealing with any holiday you choose.
        Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Hi - I'm not finished with January either. I've not even decided what I'm going to make. I've got to get on the ball!!!!! I've just got too many other projects going right now that I need to finish. I'll get January done soon though.
          :icon_hi:

Happy Quilting!
          Janine

Comment

I stepped up to the plate and finished January project of the month. Had my mind set on finishing something this past weekend and I completed one project for the 2017 year - WAY TO GO ME>>>
            Lisa Dawn
            May great ideas start with a scrap of thought.

Comment

Congratulations! Way to go!

Comment

I've got an idea for January but kiddy sitting grandchildren at the moment. Should be back home Thursday when I'll get it done.

Comment

I haven't started yet Lots of family stuff going on right now but I hope to catch-up soon.
                  Tammy W.

Comment

Secret Santa 2017

About this Group

This is the 2017 Secret Santa M* Secret Santa Gift Swap. This is a year long, monthly themed event.

We have a lot of fun doing this every year. So come and join in on the fun.You may view the Gallery and Discussions by "joining" the Group. This Group will remain open for the remainer of 2017. For next years Secret Santa please join Secret Santa 2018.
                  Type: Public
                  Topics: 118
                  Comments: 1102

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X