Secret Santa 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Hand Quilts

Big stitch or regular quilting. What kind of quilting thread do you use? What kind of needles?
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

I'm not very good at hand quilting. I've done a bit of both. My regular stitching is a bit uneven and I am having trouble finding the right needles to make the big stitch-type quilting work with the perle cotton threads.
    I tend to stick with the machine for quilting for the most part.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I do regular hand quilting but only because I haven't found the time yet to try big stitch. I really want to try that out!
      for my regular I use quilting needles by CLover and handquilting waxed thread by gutermann. So far I haven't ventured out of it
      But I also machine quilt quite a lot
      My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

I have done quite a bit of regular hand quilting, biggest project was a queen sized hand applique sampler for my son and DIL. Not my favorite part of "quilting" in the broader sense of the word.

I have never tried big stitch but I might do it on a small project to see if I can get inspired. I do like the look of it and if I can get it right it would fit with the feel of several projects I am working on. Need to do some research.

I, too, tend to stick to the machine now that my work doesn't look horrible.

Comment

I hand quilt and have done some machine quilting. I use quilting needles and thread that is made for hand quilting. Not very exciting.
          I have watched a friend do Big Stitch, but have never tried it.

Comment

beccavan1, what brand of needles and thread do you use.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Secret Santa 2017

About this Group

This is the 2017 Secret Santa M* Secret Santa Gift Swap. This is a year long, monthly themed event.

We have a lot of fun doing this every year. So come and join in on the fun.You may view the Gallery and Discussions by "joining" the Group. This Group will remain open for the remainer of 2017. For next years Secret Santa please join Secret Santa 2018.
            Type: Public
            Topics: 118
            Comments: 1102

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X