Secret Santa 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January Theme

I'm going to start with a theme for January (yes you are getting it early ) I thought it best that I start it off since we will most likely be getting the bulk of the new participants in January and I want as many as possible in my theme drawing basket before I start the drawings. So the drawings will start January 15.

January Theme - Seasonal Holiday

Pick any holiday in the year and base your gift on that. It can be your favorite holiday or one that just pops out in your creative mind

I do have a question though that I'd like feedback on. When I do the drawings do you want the originator of the theme to be named in the post or do you want that kept secret?
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

I think you should name them....so they can receive the proper praise for such a great idea, or get booed and hissed at for picking something so difficult, lol.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

Posting is OK - BUT, no booing - if something is a little more challenging - then we can all learn new lessons!! There is the old saying - you won't please everyone all the time . . . . Have fun

Comment

Oh my gosh Carlie are you reading my mind? I was just thinking how much I wanted to start to make a Secret Santa present!!!! THANK YOU!
        Plus your January theme is just the best! I love it, thanks

I'd love to know who picked what theme. I think it would be nice to be part of a team of friends who creates and develops ideas together
        My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

I agree Juliet. I'm thinking I'll add a question of the information sheet I mail out to new participants that give the option to keep their names secret if they put yes for participating in the drawings. I have the feeling most people wouldn't object but some people are also shy.

As far as not liking a particular named theme, remember we are always told in September when we get our names that there are two "people's choices" where we can replace a theme with our own idea. So there really is a lot of flexibility.
          Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Love the wide open theme, gives us a bit of freedom for the start.
            Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Woo Hoo - great idea to get us started!
              Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Seriously ya'all was just kidding about the booing and hissing....lighten up. January's theme is a no brainer for me...Might even make 2 holidays

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

Awwwwwwwwwwww, we know you won't boo and hiss Auntiemern LOL

Comment

Thanks Carlie, I am so misunderstood, LOL

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

I would like to know the originator of the theme. Sounds like a great idea to have others ideas.
                      Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Since I am new to this group, what do you mean name the theme?
                        VETERAN
                        n. [VET-ER-AN]
                        Someone Who Will Knock You Out
                        For Stepping On
                        The American Flag!

Comment

I think she is letting us suggest themes for some of the months. Thus you would get to name the theme for the month.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel
                          because those who mind don't matter,
                          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Yes toggpine, that's right :-) For some reason I didn't see this post. hummmm.

Grandpz had to resign from the group. He'll be missed. Such a sweet guy.

Comment

Thanks for the early notice for January's theme. Now to narrow down my choices. I think you should leave the decision up to the person that suggested the idea.

Comment

Secret Santa 2017

About this Group

This is the 2017 Secret Santa M* Secret Santa Gift Swap. This is a year long, monthly themed event.

We have a lot of fun doing this every year. So come and join in on the fun.You may view the Gallery and Discussions by "joining" the Group. This Group will remain open for the remainer of 2017. For next years Secret Santa please join Secret Santa 2018.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 118
                              Comments: 1102

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                                Willcox and Gibbs
                                by chelea
                                Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                                Yesterday, 03:30 PM
                              • KPH
                                My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                                by KPH
                                Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                                November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                              • KPH
                                Secret Santa Arrivals
                                by KPH
                                Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                                November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                              • Monique
                                It has arrived
                                by Monique
                                My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                                November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                              • KPH
                                New Leader needed for 2021
                                by KPH
                                We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                                November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                              Working...
                              X