X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rules

Rules 2017:

SWAP RULES
    1. All Participants must post to group discussion at least every other week to keep up-to-date with admins. Discussions could be on how things are going with theme, projects, suggestions, about you section, questions, etc.

2. All Participants must email completed projects to the admins no later October 15th to obtain a name and address for their secret Santa. No email, no name. This will hopefully eliminate people who didn't make anything from obtaining a name. It will also allow for "newbies" to participate as they will have the same opportunity to send in their pictures.

3. Shipping Deadline is November 15th for overseas (UPS-FEDEX-ETC) and December 1st for USPS. Admins MUST receive ship date
    and tracking number for all packages.

4. Once you open your package (on Christmas morning/Christmas Eve) you need to send a thank you note to your secret Santa as it is good manners to do so. Many did not receive them last year and do not want to participate in the Swap this year as a result.

5. Please post pictures of your gifts after you open them so we all can see what wonderful gifts you got from your secret Santa.

6. Please be considerate when doing your gifts. Your gifts for each month, if not hand made should be worth at least $5.00 (if purchased). Some gifts included in the 2014 swap were not and the recipients feelings were hurt. Let's try to avoid that this year.

7. Due to some issues in past swaps and people purchasing ALL off their gifts and not making anything we are implementing a
    percentage rule where you should have at least 75 - 80% of your gifts handmade. Please comment below that you have read,
    understand, and agree to the new rule.

As stated this is a rough draft of the rules and they will be amended as needed. Please respond that you have read and agreed to these rules and make any suggestions as all suggestions are welcome and will be considered.

I also close the group on June 1 to new members
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Read and agree.

Comment

Some of these rules will be hard for me, lol. Since Rhonda is my sister, and she knows how flaky I can get. I did not adhere to ALL of the rules. That being said, I have never not followed through with my obligation. Someone may have to remind me occasionally to post in the group, and follow the deadline rules....I have been in every swap since I joined the forum...can't remember who ran that one. But I do remember the one that Sandy and Blondie ran....I love doing these, so just be patient with me gals. I will ALWAYS get my stuff done. Even when I have been ill A LOT.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

Read and agree. Looking forward to planning next year's gifts
        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm a little confused by this. What does "gifts" mean? How many? I guess I need to read the rest of the thread. I'm a total newbie here! LOL!

Comment

Wendy we make one gift a month. So it turns out to be 12 gifts total. Once a month we give the participants a theme, like say polka dots, or say, the letter 0. You then make anything you want from that months theme. You create whatever you want. Say for instance it's the letter O then you might use a fabric that has Owls in it, or Oranges etc. With say polka dots, it just has to have polka dots somewhere in it. If you go to the 2016 Secret Santa group you will see examples of each monthly theme in the discussion groups. It's fun and doesn't have to cost a fortune. We get the name of the person we are secret santa to in October or late Sept and then we wrap the gifts up and send them out in time for Christmas. You get the last two themes early so you have time to complete them for send out time.
            Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Hi: I signed up this morning. I went back to last year and the year before. It did help as to what was expected and what type of things could be made, etc.
              It looks like a lot of fun and I will really look forward to the big surprise next Christmas.

Comment

Read and understood. This is going to be a lot of fun again this year!!!!
                :icon_hi:

Happy Quilting!
                Janine

Comment

Ok....just so I'm clear...I don't HAVE to make something every month right? And if I need ideas you will help!? lol I'm crafty but not very inventive!! I will have to think about this as I am taking 2 courses in the winter term so don't want to over promise myself but I truly need to get back into sewing and this may be the kick in the ass I need!

Comment

Wendy you don't have to do the project in the same month as the monthly theme comes out. Most people do because they find that less overwhelming. But you do have to have the themes up to date by, October because you'll also get the November and December themes then. In September the moderator generally requests they be sent a photo of the themes that you have completed to date. We want to make sure that when people send out the 12 themes at the end of the year that they will also receive 12 themes back. It's only fair But also remember that for some of those really hectic months that come along you still have the option of not making a gift but purchasing one. The rules say that only 75% to 80% need to be handmade. So there means you can purchase gifts 3 times out of the 12. Say for instance the monthly theme is "dresden" you could purchase a dresden ruler and not make something with a dresden pattern in it.

I will be posting in discussions a section where people suggest ideas for projects. I'll be putting this up in January.

And yes I'd be more than happy to help you out were you need it

Comment

I've read and agree. Now I need to start thinking about what to make. Do the gifts have to be sewing related?

Comment

I've read and agree to the rules.

I'm so excited! I wasn't thinking seriously about joining until I read posts from this years swap. Everyone is so excited about their gifts they are waiting to open. I think this will be fun!

Lori
                        Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nope wackyweavr they don't have to be sewing related. As long as they are home made by you (except for the three that can be purchased if you want) :-)

Comment

Read and agree!
                            Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Read and agreed.
                              2 yrs ago I tried to partecipate but I had to drop at almost half year due to bad health condition. Last year I did not think I had the sewing ability to keep up with so many beautiful things I saw.
                              Since this past year I've learnt so much about sewing and quilting and I love to give I cannot wait to start
                              My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

Secret Santa 2017

About this Group

This is the 2017 Secret Santa M* Secret Santa Gift Swap. This is a year long, monthly themed event.

We have a lot of fun doing this every year. So come and join in on the fun.You may view the Gallery and Discussions by "joining" the Group. This Group will remain open for the remainer of 2017. For next years Secret Santa please join Secret Santa 2018.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 118
                              Comments: 1102

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X