Holiday Prairie Flower block swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing some advise

I am still waiting to receive 5 packages. At this point I'm not sure what to do. I need some advise.

Do I continue to wait on these 5 packages or do I go ahead and sort and send back the extra?

Hmmm, I haven't hosted a swap before but I have participated in many.
    I assume you have contacted the missing 5 members? If there has been no
    response in several days it's safe to say they have dropped out. You can see on
    their profile the last time they have been on the Forum. Sometimes things happen
    in life and you cannot fulfill commitments. But 5 out of 20 is a large percentage.
    They had plenty of time to make the squares. I would send out the rest of the
    groups squares. "maybe" wait another couple of days. Hmmm, what does everyone
    else think? Thanks Kay for hosting, I know this part is a pain.

Comment

good morning - time to swap and send
      Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
      hugs, Suzi
      http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
      it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

i would try to contact the 5 first, just in case its slowed by the post office. If you dont hear from them in a reasonable timeframe, then send out squares.

mary
        aka: twinmab

Comment

I think I try to contact them one more time and if they don't answer by Qct 22 then send out the squares. They can least let you know if they are still in or not. Everyone gets busy but don't leave with no explanation.

0 Thanks

Comment

Hi: I agree - try to contact the 5 one last time and see what they say. If nothing or no response by the 22nd, send on what you have!!

Comment

I would definitely give it a good faith effort to contact them. Do you have email addys? Assuming one or two may have sent on the deadline, you'd still possibly be waiting until the end of this week to receive all of the blocks. I certainly don't mind waiting if you wanted to send everything out next week.

Comment

Hmmmm.... I would sort the extra and distribute them among those who sent blocks - that way we won't end up with 5 more of our own blocks.
                I think alot of us used multiple fabrics, so there probably wouldn't be any duplicates in any one person's block set.

Comment

I say contact one more time.

Comment

I would give them a last chance deadline, and I like Songbird's idea as well.

PLUS I would like to add my two cents for what it is worth: I understand that life gets in the way sometimes and things happen beyond our control, BUT, if you signed up for a swap, at least have the courtesy to contact SOMEONE to let them know if you are still in or not. Deadlines are made for a reason. (RANT OVER sorry!)
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Thank you all for your advise. I have received response from 1 who is putting it in the mail today. So with that being said, once that one is received I will sort and mail. Hopefully you will all have them back by the 1st of Nov.

You have all been great is dealing with this delay. Thank you all for your patience.

Comment

I am disappointed that there were 5 who haven't mailed their blocks. If they do not respond in a couple of days, it seem like they dropped out.
                        I agree with the others that it is difficult to imagine not contacting Kderr and officially dropping out. Things happen in life, but it only takes a minute to contact you and tell you officially.
                        I am still looking forward to seeing the blocks from the rest of the group!
                        Thanks for doing this for the group!

Comment

Kay, thank you so much for organizing this group. I had fun making the blocks and can't wait to receive all of the beautiful blocks everyone has made.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Kay...I agree with Monique.....thank you so much for organizing this swap. You have done a great job providing updates so I am aghast at the lack of response from those that may have dropped out without letting someone know.

I look forward to receiving the blocks in the near future so that I can put them together for a Christmas throw.

Cheers
                            Peggiep
                            "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Thank you for hosting this swap. I am sorry a few had to make it difficult for you.
                              Wendy
                              http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

Holiday Prairie Flower block swap

About this Group

Using the tutorial Easy Prairie Flower Quilt with Jenny, we will create blocks using Christmas/Holiday/Winter prints.
                              You will be making 21 blocks, keeping 1 for yourself and sending 20 to share with the group.

Here is the link to the video we will be following in making the Prairie Flower Block
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUrrVx_L9jg&feature=youtu.be&list= PLD5EF21A981F69C28

Your blocks, according to the video, will turn out to be a 13” square this is incorrect. Your block will be approximately 14".

Join the group for more details.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 47
                              Comments: 246

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X