Holiday Prairie Flower block swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read All Instructions.....DUH

I am a little behind. I have everything cut and ready to sew. I sewed my 2 1/2 pieces on all the corners rectangles, decided to take a
    break and check the forum. Thank goodness I hadn't trimmed yet. I didn't catch the white on white detail. I spent the rest of the evening ripping. Oh well I now have some 2 1/2 squares for something else.

I've been ripping also; Snowballing corners takes me a bit to get in the groove of it.

Comment

Don't feel bad, I sewed a few corners on up- side down, had to rip also.

Comment

Went to Hobby Lobby(65 miles one way) and got my white on white. Bought three yards but the guy was so busy talking and teasing my 8 yo grand-daughters, he gave me way more than three yards. Hmmm think I will take them more often. lol

Comment

No matter how careful I was, some of my snowballs just didn't"t line up perfectly. I figure once it is quilted it will not be noticeable.
          Debbie

Comment

Yes, Spiff, I agree. I was super careful, sometimes they don't like up
            like we want them to. No quilt police here.

Comment

My plan is to get 5 blocks done this week...

Comment

Practice makes perfect and we are all learning and becoming better quilters. I had all my little white squares sewn on and now I'm sewing the rows together. Yes no matter how careful I am so far I have a couple of corners that do not line up but the quilting will cover it up.

As for Hobby Lobby I love it when a man cuts my fabric because I will usually end up with at lease 1/2 a yard more per yard. The ladies are just too precise and know what they are doing.

Comment

Holiday Prairie Flower block swap

About this Group

Using the tutorial Easy Prairie Flower Quilt with Jenny, we will create blocks using Christmas/Holiday/Winter prints.
                You will be making 21 blocks, keeping 1 for yourself and sending 20 to share with the group.

Here is the link to the video we will be following in making the Prairie Flower Block
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUrrVx_L9jg&feature=youtu.be&list= PLD5EF21A981F69C28

Your blocks, according to the video, will turn out to be a 13” square this is incorrect. Your block will be approximately 14".

Join the group for more details.
                Type: Public
                Topics: 47
                Comments: 246

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X