Holiday Prairie Flower block swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabric Requirements

If you decide to make all 20 blocks the same (which is what I plan to do), the following will be your fabric requirements.

Fabric 1 : 1 1/2 yards (allows you to make 80 5" squares)
    Fabric 2 : 1 1/2 yards (allows you to make 80 5" squares)
    White on white fabric: I would get 2 yards as this will give you a little play. (allows you to make 20 5" squares and 20 2 1/2" WOF strips to make your 2 1/2" squares)

If you want to use the same white on white to sash your blocks when you assemble the quilt, you will beed to get another 1 1/2 yards or so.
    Debbie

Spiff, Thank you for helping figure out the yardage. I was never any good at math. I usually have to get my husband involved when it comes to math. LOL

Comment

Thanks Spiff....great information!
      Peggiep
      "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Holiday Prairie Flower block swap

About this Group

Using the tutorial Easy Prairie Flower Quilt with Jenny, we will create blocks using Christmas/Holiday/Winter prints.
      You will be making 21 blocks, keeping 1 for yourself and sending 20 to share with the group.

Here is the link to the video we will be following in making the Prairie Flower Block
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUrrVx_L9jg&feature=youtu.be&list= PLD5EF21A981F69C28

Your blocks, according to the video, will turn out to be a 13” square this is incorrect. Your block will be approximately 14".

Join the group for more details.
      Type: Public
      Topics: 47
      Comments: 246

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X